The Senior Manager, Regulatory Compliance is responsible for ensuring compliance of the Company and its products with applicable domestic and international health, safety, packaging and labeling laws/regulations.
This individual will work internally with the new product development process to ensure timely and thorough evaluation of all regulatory issues; as well as with external vendors, suppliers and co-packers to ensure compliance of all non-manufactured products sourced by the Company.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain a world-class regulatory compliance program, ensuring all Company policies and processes related to health, safety packaging and labeling are in compliance with local, state, federal and foreign regulations.
The Senior Manager will perform numerous responsibilities including the following:
- Develop, maintain and pro-actively update the requisite knowledge and expertise of US and International regulations, including pending legislation impacting the Company, with emphasis on product and/or ingredient (chemical composition) based regulations and related packaging and labeling requirements.
- Actively participate in and provide knowledge and guidance in the new product development process to ensure compliance of new products (both sourced and manufactured) with applicable US and International requirements.
- Work within a cross-functional matrix environment including Legal, Operations, Marketing and Commercialization team members to review and approve all product labeling and packaging.
- Develop, establish and maintain a communication and documentation process with external co-packers, vendors and suppliers to ensure compliance of all non-manufactured product, packaging and labeling, and all goods, raw materials and ingredients purchased by the Company. Responsible for collection, analysis and dissemination of MSDS sheets.
- Conduct compliance reviews, risk assessments and audits of the Company’s regulatory related processes; providing training and education to the appropriate business units and teams (internal and external) as needed and applicable.
- Work closely with the Company’s safety department with respect to regulatory matters impacting employee and workplace health and safety.
- Manage external consultants and resources where appropriate with respect to issues requiring specialized regulatory expertise; including the oversight of the Company’s REACH Act and CSPC compliance; as well as TOSCA, CSPIA, and CARB.
- Serve as the Company’s liaison with wholesale customers and consumers on regulatory matters and with all external associations and compliance related organizations, including the Consumer Specialty Products Association (CSPA) and the Research Institute for Fragrance Materials (RIFM).
- BA/BS in Chemistry (Toxicology, Industrial Hygiene, or Pharmacology preferred) required. MA or MSpreferred.
- 5 to 7 years of regulatory experiencerequired, within a consumer packaged goods environment preferred.
- Proven experience with chemical, cosmetic and toxic substances (air care or fragrance experience strongly desired).
- Knowledge and expertise of Toxic Substances Control Act, FDA and EPA regulations, CSPIA, FHSA, REACH, OSHA and other regulations applicable to the Company’s compliance requirements preferred.
- The ability to develop, maintain and execute regulatory compliance strategies in a large company setting.
- Proven ability to assess capabilities and develop corrective action measures required.
- The ability to travel up to 25% of the time.