As the global marketplace has evolved, so has the complexity to balance the ever-increasing compliance demands of regulators to ensure ongoing process improvement within the Compliance Department. The Senior Manager of Regulatory Affairs is a key role within the Compliance Department focusing on several key areas of regulatory compliance, specifically regulatory licensing management, risk analysis and assessment of new products, regulatory guidance to business units, and corporate governance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage licensing function, ensuring on-time filings with state, federal, and international regulatory bodies.
- Work cross-functionally with various business units and information technology to ensure accurate reporting of business activities for periodic reporting to government agencies, focusing on continuous improvement and enhancement.
- Review, analyze, and risk-assess new products and services.
- Provide oversight and guidance to sales, business development, and compliance teams on regulatory impacts of new products and services.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes; work with information technology and product teams to make necessary changes based on new regulations.
- Work with senior management to ensure strong corporate governance framework is maintained and documented.
- Assist VP Compliance Officers in the design of Compliance Programs and policies or enhancements to existing compliance frameworks.
- As needed, assist the examination management team with regulatory examination requests and responses.
- Prepare presentations to the Chief Compliance Officer, the Board of Directors, and Compliance Committees as required about various regulatory matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, legal studies, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of US state money transmission laws and framework
- Strong knowledge of AML/CTF/Fraud laws, including the BSA, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC
- Knowledge of international payments laws a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the banking or MSB industry or as a regulator, examiner or auditor
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience, including effective interviewing, performance management and evaluation, clarifying roles and responsibilities, fostering teamwork, resolving team or individual conflicts and providing employee mentoring and coaching
- Ability to assess complex activities to identify potential compliance, regulatory and operational risks
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to create and execute project plans and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated ability in the Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel approximately 25% domestically and internationally