Reporting the Director Records & Information Management (RIM), the Senior Manager Record Retention, supports the continued build out of the global Records Management program including establishment and delivery of RIM practices. The role is responsible for enhancing the target operating model and driving program awareness.
- Support the overall design and implementation of an enhanced global enterprise-wide RIM Program.
- Build on Target Operating Model to develop and implement the RACI model across all lines of defense, business lines and corporate functions with clear roles and accountabilities established.
- Liaise with external networks and industry groups to stay abreast of current Records and Information Management practices, and developments including regulatory expectations across the global footprint.
Communications and Change Management
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive communication and change management strategy to ensure adoption of policies and standards across the enterprise.
- Build out and support the training of functional groups and business Record and Information. Management (RIM) managers on record-keeping and retention procedures and requirements.
- Define RIM requirements for systems storing records. Establish process and procedures for managing demand and intake for records management functions.
- Implement standardized controls and governance.
- Develop retention schedule governance process.
- Oversee and participate in retention schedule updates and maintenance ensuring sound governance process is created and followed, and updates appropriately made, communicated and implemented.
Support other projects as required
- Drive or support ongoing and additional operational risk management projects as required.
Education / Experience
- 5+ years’ experience developing, implementing, and managing similar large-scale, cross-functional organizational change initiatives.
- Experience and knowledge of change management, communications and learning principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience in the records and information management field required.
- Solid understanding of financial institutions, infrastructures and markets required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to identify, manage and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the global footprint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to prepare communications and interact effectively with senior levels of management throughout the Bank.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or CA preferred.
- Knowledge of Scotiabank organizational structure.