As a Senior Manager Real Estate Development, you will be responsible for the oversight of Premera's project manager vendor partner for the Campus Renewal project. You will also work closely with the Real Estate Program Manager to create and provide strategic direction for the Campus Renewal project, including providing oversight and direction to the General Contractor(s), Architect(s) and strategic vendors to ensure development projects are created and delivered within established scope, schedule and budget and drive project quality standards.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee and provide direction to the project management vendor, ensuring Campus Renewal and other enabling projects are managed and delivered within scope, schedule and budget.
- Work with the project management vendor to address issues and escalations that arise to ensure planned projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Work directly with the Real Estate Program Manager to ensure the program direction aligns and is being delivered in accordance with the Sponsor approved project deliverables.
- Report to and work with the Director of Real Estate & Facilities to ensure s/he is made aware of any risks or escalations that may impact the delivery of the construction projects within scope, schedule and budget.
- Directly oversee the work of the Construction Manager(s) to ensure they are managing and delivering their deliverables as planned and within scope, schedule and budget.
- Manage assigned team including hiring, coaching/mentoring, supporting professional development, and providing appropriate and timely performance feedback to staff, both informally and during formal review processes.
- As part of this role, you may be assigned internal controls derived from Premera's internal controls framework. You will be accountable for understanding the controls assigned to you, their impacts on Premera, and to ensure that they are operating effectively.
What You'll Bring:
- At a minimum you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or four years of work experience.
- Eight (8) years of progressive corporate real estate management experience which includes:
- 3 years of experience in developing and managing capital projects.
- 5 years of people management experience.
- Ability to develop strategic plans that influence decisions of senior leader levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and people leadership skills.
- Analytical skills to derive operational and financial conclusions from data.
- Proficiency with personal computers as a work tool.