The Manager is responsible for all aspects of Revenue Cycle Management – Back Office functions; which include eligibility, billing, cash posting and AR – denial management (complete account resolution). This position ensures that all billing activities meet the standard of regulatory requirements with the highest degree of integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Lead Management
- Directs and supports Manager(s), indirectly supporting Managers’ assigned clients.
- Supervises team leads, providing direction and guidance that fosters a team environment through training, recognition / evaluation, and in-service education which produces optimum work habits. Oversee team leads for the following functions:
- Billing Claims Specialist
- Eligibility Specialist
- Cash Posting Specialist
- AR Specialist
- Mentors and coaches to achieve highest level of competency of leadership and associates.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to the RCM department that support the management philosophy and division financial goals and objectives.
- Monitors best practice standards in a billing office environment including days in A/R, cash/net revenue, A/R aging, denials management, credit balances, and other relevant performance indicators.
- Completes weekly/monthly reporting to management, as required.
- Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes.
- Responsible for assigned client relationships and customer satisfaction
- Serve as contact / liaison with the client, handle escalated client issueseis
- Ensure deliverables are prepared and executed per client’s expectations
- Support client meetings (weekly/bi-weekly/monthly)
- Escalate client issues to leadership as appropriate
- Monitor daily / weekly / monthly KPI reports
- Initiates, develops and implements client performance improvement strategies.
- Understanding and knowledge of RCM profit and loss statement for assigned clients.
- Develops and implements strategies to impact P&L concern areas.
- Proactively identifies client process gaps and match the RCM service offering to the need.
- In a consultative sales capacity, drives new client sales and services.
- Assists with new client onboarding and ensuring smooth client transitions to our service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Care Administration desired; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Specialized skills and knowledge
- Previous project management and organization experience to prioritize needs and effectively manages resources and time.
- Demonstrates clear, concise and professional written and verbal communication
- 3 years of demonstrating guidance of individuals and groups toward desired outcomes,
- 2 years of experience in establishing and maintaining long-term client relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Previous experience in setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
- 5years of responsibility to identify and resolve complex business opportunities
- Demonstrated work with data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Used effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ten years (10) minimum of medical billing, cash posting, and charge entry experience.
- Five years (5) minimum of associate management or team leadership experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Word – proficiency at intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – proficiency at intermediate level
- Microsoft PowerPoint – proficiency at intermediate level
- Microsoft Outlook – proficiency at intermediate level
- Demonstrates ability to type efficiently on PC keyboard.
Technical Skills Preferred
- Ability to learn Netsmart CareRecords
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong understanding of revenue cycle management principles for the handling of high volume billing, cash posting and AR management.
Up to 10% domestic travel is expected for this position. This requirement may vary depending upon client requirements.