TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The role will have responsibility to:
- Grow the RF/Antenna product development team in the SF Bay Area, CA
- Play a leading role in our US product development strategy, this will include identifying and leading organic growth opportunities
- Build strong relationships with our customers’ organizations
- Attract and retain top design engineering talent
- Ensure a focus on ECE, Extraordinary Customer Experience
- Deliver new product development projects on time, on budget, at cost, and with quality
- Work closely with our Commercial organization to support their new business initiatives.
- Proven experience as a Leader of a Technical Engineering team
- Execution and business results delivery focused
- Experience of working in a multi-national - Public Company environment
- Strong communication skills –Written & verbal
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial in nature, fearless as to Business Development challenges
- Experience in Business Development & Customer Partnering
- Team development – focus on building immediate and long-term team success through development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics. Prefer MSEE.
- Complete knowledge of antenna design, including materials, performance characteristics, test methods, safety standards, and typical application requirements for PCB, FPC, and LDS technologies.
- Knowledge in industry standards.
- 10 years of related experience.
- Product development for datacenter or communication market is a plus.
- Multi-disciplinary background and creative in new product design.
- Familiarity with risk assessment methods (FMEA).
- Experience working in a global supply chain with global support teams.