The Quality Manager aims to ensure that the product or service an organization provides is fit for purpose, is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations.
He coordinates all the activities required to meet these quality standards.
He has to monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measuring against set standards (incl. CoPQ, Customer Complaints, Blocked stocks, Containment and CA on time, Calibration on time,…)
He liaises with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, they advise on changes and how to implement them and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
He must ensure the compliance of the organization and processes with AS9100 standard and assess permanently all processes through internal audit, in the aim of guaranteeing the certification maintenance.
He will have, as a first step to assess the quality organization and its efficiency. Then propose improvement and optimization between the 2 plants.
- This role aims to cover multiple manufacturing entities:
- Manufacturing plant in Oceanside – CA
- Manufacturing plant in Tecate – MX
- The quality manager will have to lead the quality teams for each of these sites:
- Providing clear objectives and targets
- Making frequent progress reviews
- Assessing achievements
- Ensuring a permanent strong communication
- Supporting in case of issues or help needed
- Quality teams to be managedare covering
- Operations Quality
- Engineering Quality
- Suppliers Quality
- Inspection (incoming and in process)
Responsibilities & Qualifications
He has to use a variety of measures and management systems, such as total quality management.
He may be involved in the following:
- striving permanently for Extraordinary Customer Experiences guaranteeing customer satisfaction through a strong and very professional Customer interfacing;
- devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications;
- defining and applying quality strategy (organization, talents, processes, improvements) in conjunction with Top Management
- reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met;
- working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
- making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards;
- looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency;
- defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
- setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures;
- monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
- making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them;
- using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business;
- ensuring the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
- Lead and coordinate the deployment of Continuous Improvement Quality Tools (e.g. Fast Response Boards, 8Ds, QCPC, LPAs, ….)