The Senior Manager, Quality Assurance (“Senior Manager”) is a leader that conducts audits of engagements to evaluate compliance of Service Delivery teams across engagement touch points during the client journey. Serves as a Quality Assurance Business Partner to assigned Service Delivery practices and provides assistance with practice-specific tax issues. The Senior Manager reviews and recommends tax practice policies, procedures, and best practices updates to continually evolve, improve, and optimize the client experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts audits of tax practice engagements for compliance with Firm and practice policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure a consistent, professional, and trusted experience for the client.
- Evaluates client service issues and identifies recommendations to policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure clear standards in the client journey are defined.
- Reports findings and recommendations to Leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Serves as a Quality Assurance Business Partner for assigned practices, collaborating with Service Delivery to recommend improvements to audit and peer review processes, policies, procedures, and best practices to further enhance the overall client experience.
- Identifies and communicates training and professional development opportunities to the appropriate parties for consideration (e.g., Practice Leaders, Principals, Talent Effectiveness).
- Handles and safeguards confidential information and sensitive material.
- Organizes and prioritizes multiple tasks to ensure internal clients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Assists with various Firm initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance, and six to eight years of Service Delivery experience at Ryan required. Three years of supervisory experiencepreferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills in Microsoft® Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word and Internet navigation and research.
Essential Skills Required:
- Anticipates and proactively delivers expected results for executive leadership team
- Effectively solves problems
- Streamlines and improves processes
- Demonstrates initiative and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
- Advanced written, visual and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Sense of urgency
- Demonstrates willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Thrives working both independently and in a team based environment
Strong multitasking and organizational skills
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Standard indoor working environment.
Occasional long periods of sitting while working on computer and reviewing workpapers.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: 25%.