Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL) is a $8 Billion company with 43,000 employees worldwide and approximately 3,500 athletic retail stores in 24 countries in North America, Europe and Australia under the brand names Eastbay, Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction, Champs Sports, SIX: 02, Runners Point and Sidestep. We attribute our success to the drive and intelligence of our Associates. Operating in team-driven culture, our goals and achievements as a company are boundless! We are looking for a Senior Manager, QA- Front End to join our dynamic Foot Locker team, in our Chicago, IL office.
The successful candidate will drive the overall quality of the products developed within the frontend teams (web and native mobile apps), together with the different development managers working out of our Chicago office. Agile is key to our journey and you will play a big role in building and developing the agile organization. As the QA Manager (Frontend) you will be responsible for coordinating the quality related efforts within our different teams. You will work together with our QA team in driving their test strategies towards major initiatives and continuous product development. You will be supported by fellow development managers as well as our front end teams and architects.
You will be responsible for setting standards in automated and manual testing solutions. You will look to match the best testing technology and solutions to our pipelines, constantly on the hunt for ways to improve things. You will manage and mentor direct reports, but you will also be hands-on with our scrum teams’ day-to-day work, interacting with developers, product managers, and designers on a daily basis to deliver on sprint goals. You are a software engineer and thrive on applying your technical skills to build elegant solutions to meet quality goals. You have a big picture view of how web infrastructure works, how code gets built, tested, and deployed. You know how to make the end-user experience great.
- Manage QA for our customer facing web and native applications
- Responsible for Test automation development, validation and deployment
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers to understand product requirements
- Analyze requirements and acceptance criteria and develop testing strategy to include both manual, scripted and edge case testing approaches, as applicable.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement of quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Continually drive quality assurance initiatives forward and communicate ideas in documentation, presentations, and one-on-one pairing
- Work closely with the development scrum team for our new-age e-commerce platform
- Document defects effectively and collaborate with developers to see them resolved
- Work with the scrum team to ensure that all stories have well defined acceptance criteria, test plans, and any hooks needed to enable testability
- Diagnose issues to determine scope and provide reproduction scenarios
- Deliver high quality product releases
- Thrive in an agile environment where design decisions are made collaboratively every day
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- 3+ years of direct people management experience with 4+ direct reports
- 3+ years of hands-on mobile product experience, preference for experience with B2C apps.
- Strong experience with using device simulators in XCode and Android SDK.
- Strong technical understanding of either iOS and/or Android platforms (preferably both) and the differences between each
- Knowledge of working with cloud based consumer platforms
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- Familiarity with CI systems and app distribution systems (Jenkins, Hockey, GoogleBetaTestGroups, etc)
- Experiencescheduling and managing onshore + offshore QA resources
- Experience assembling sanity and regression test suites
- Experience providing estimates to complete QA related tasks
- Minimum Requirement- a Bachelor’s Degree. (in CS or EE is preferred)
- Ability to mentor, guide, and inspire team members
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Clear understanding of automated testing as it relates to websites, client/server systems, mobile, and APIs
- Experience configuring continuous integration systems, such as Jenkins
- Ability to see the big picture and remain strategic in your decision making
- Results oriented and takes initiative
- Positive attitude, collaborative, and a solid team player