Senior Manager, Publisher Development
SENIOR MANAGER, PUBLISHER DEVELOPMENTLocation: New York, NYDepartment: Business DevelopmentType: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
SheKnows Media is a top women’s lifestyle digital media company that averages 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and reaches more than 300 million social media fans and followers. The company operates a family of leading media properties that include SheKnows.com, BlogHer.com, STYLECASTER.com and HelloFlo.com.
SheKnows Media is hiring a Senior Manager, Publisher Development who will report to the VP of Business Development & Publisher Operations to grow the SheKnows Publisher Network. In this role, you will work closely with the Vice President to prospect, recruit and onboard independent bloggers and premium publishers with high quality, female skewing display, video and native advertising inventory. The Senior Manager, Publisher Development will be responsible for working with the Publisher Operations team to ensure successful launch and ramp. He/she will also be expected to liase with the Programmatic, Ad Engineering, Yield, Business Intelligence and Ad Operations teams to ensure that all publisher concerns are addressed during the onboarding process and to ensure that all internal reporting and optimizations occur on an ongoing basis. The ideal candidate will be driven, self-motivated, like to build and shape orgs, have a passion and penchant for technology, an understanding of the video and programmatic landscape, excellent communication skills and ease with explaining complex topics clearly and concisely, as well as significant rolodex of key decision makers at premium publishers and other independent bloggers with monetization opportunities.
- Experience selling to the large Publishers is highly desirable
- Ability to plan and think strategically
- Mature and well-informed view of the dynamics of cross platform digital advertising and the rise of programmatic buying
- Operational and senior management relationships that can be brought to bear quickly
- Most important, the candidate will be a deal maker and expert business developer with the ability to gain access to and close commercial relationships with the key players.
- Structure, lead and close agreements / contracts with the large premium digital publishers, Senior / C-level to solution-sell SheKnows and drive deals through to closure and launch
- Intimately understand and be able to speak to the specific needs of each customer
- Maintain a high customer satisfaction level once customers have signed
- Lead proposal development, coordinating calls and presentations of the platform to prospects
- Ensure best-in-class customer service, working closely with internal teams to meet or exceed customers’ revenue goals and deliver revenue targets
- Ability to work with the Programmatic and Yield teams to ensure that inventory is monetized at superior levels
- Minimum of 3-5 years of publisher development/sales experience with at least 1-2 years of experience in selling ad tech to publishers
- Proven ability and track record in developing and closing deals
- Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, external and internal customer satisfaction management.
- Demonstrable portfolio of existing contacts/relationships with premium publishers
- Understanding of ad supported digital monetization and business models
- Ability to sell a SaaS model in the ad tech environment
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), negotiation and presentation skills
- BA/BS required