The Senior Manager, Public Relations is responsible for defining the strategy and leading execution of Brooks PR programming and driving marketing communication strategy for key business initiatives that drive Brooks thought leadership and innovation agenda. You have the ability to develop a compelling story arc that positions Brooks as the #1 run brand with media and consumers, along with a desire to infuse the consumer journey into our work at all touch points to ensure Brooks rises above the noise. The Senior Manager has a strong sense for the Brooks brand and the runner and infuses this knowledge through all storytelling efforts and interactions with media.
- Oversee and lead the team in the development and implementation of comprehensive, strategic external communication plans, including clear narratives with supporting messages that can be leveraged across traditional media. Ensure plans address Brooks key three storytelling audiences; business, consumer/product and trade.
- Develop and drive annual corporate storytelling platform and accompanying messaging narrative to be used by the CEO and key executive business leaders.
- Partner with Communications Manager in EMEA to drive consistent global PR programming and provide strategic counsel around brand storytelling and timing, corporate messaging, and events.
- Oversee strategy and delivery of all Brooks consumer press events driving brand, business and product storytelling.
- Build and maintain relationships with key trade media and industry influencers, understand running footwear media landscape, identify new contacts and build relationships with newcomers and key freelancers.
- Participate in seasonal integrated go-to-market strategies and plans by representing the PR functional needs, plans, and deliverables.
- Be a thought partner to Influencer Marketing Manager on evolution and implementation of Brooks Blog Ambassador program, ensuring storytelling ladders up to larger Brooks marketing initiatives.
- Manage Brooks PR Specialist and Coordinator, building a highly functioning team by creating clear and consistent workstreams, managing their career development and opportunities for growth within the organization
- BA or BS degree in Communications or Marketing
- Minimum 10 years experience in the field of Public Relations; minimum 3 years agency work required, specific work in athletic footwear/apparel a plus
- 5+ years leading, coaching and mentoring a PR team.
- Ability to drive long term marketing and storytelling strategy
- Ability to travel 20-35%
- Knowledge of consumer research and insight lead communication
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic communications plans that meet or exceed stated goals
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships with key media
- Interact effectively and professionally with executives and organizational leadership
- Ability to work across the organization to gather consensus and develop integrated programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral; must be extremely detail-oriented
- Must possess the ability to execute a wide variety of tasks and work in a fast-paced, team environment
- A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
- Strong organizational skills and independent work habits
- Strong computer skills: PowerPoint, MS Office