Kite is now recognized as the world leader in Cell Therapy, and our Immuno-Oncology based pipeline has paved the way for exceptional expansion!
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Public Affairs to provide communications support for Kite’s business functions and to generate powerful internal and external strategic corporate content. This person will work in close collaboration with a dynamic Public Affairs Team and will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Santa Monica, CA.
Are you interested in creating engaging content with a focus on impacting patient lives? Come join us in our mission to cure cancer!
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Generate corporate communications content for Kite internal and external channels including key areas of focus such as social media, intranet, executive and employee communications
- Develop an intuitive understanding of Kite’s business—as well as the functional areas that this role supports—to provide the best possible strategic communications counsel to leaders and their teams
- Surface exciting stories that support company narrative and build engagement and passion for Kite internally and externally
- Together with the Public Affairs team, constantly push for new ideas, new platforms, new ways of connecting with employees; understand trends in communications and know what’s coming next, bringing these ideas to Kite and interpreting them in a way that works for our audiences
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ability to create quick turn, sharp and engaging content in multiple formats
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proven track record planning and manage change
- Demonstrated executive presence and comfort in working with senior leaders
- Strong background in employee communications and engagement; knowledge of healthcare and industry media
- A knack for navigating ambiguity and making decisions with incomplete information
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and agencies.
- Ability to manage multiple, high-urgency projects simultaneously; flexibility is essential
- Strong project management capabilities
- Understanding of regulations and principles specific to communications for a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company
Specific Education and Experience
- Minimum BA degree in communications, liberal arts or business/science oriented field
- Minimum 8+ years’ progressive experience in corporate communications, with an emphasis on internal/external communications, social media/digital marketing, project management and employee engagement.
- MA/MS/PhD and 6+ years of applicable experience also acceptable.
- Knowledge of Kite’s areas of therapeutic focus (oncology) and/or an interest in learning and understanding the science behind our business
- Prior experience in biopharmaceutical space is highly desired