Senior Manager Provider Technology Solutions
5 - 7 years experience • Insurance
Serving as a member of the leadership team on the Consumer and Provider Solutions team, this role is accountable for leading BCBSMA’s telehealth program and vendor management to support our strategic efforts to delivery cost effective, affordable care, that improves overall cost and quality of care, provides market differentiation, and meets account and member demand.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the deployment, ongoing administration and maintenance of BCBSMA’s telehealth solution. Responsibilities include working collaboratively with vendor partners as well as key internal and external stakeholders and managing cross-functional initiatives from inception through delivery.
Additionally, this role willsupport the development of a long-term Provider Portal strategy including the ongoing development and furtherance of a functional roadmap.Responsible also include leading BCBSMA’s Provider eHealthtechnology innovation and will develop, manage and expand current initiatives and serve as the primary liaisonworking withproviders participating in such programs.
- Develop, lead, manage, and motivate Provider Technology Solutions team, internal collaborators and other business partners.
- Work in conjunction with the Sr. Director of Consumer and Provider Solutions, establish and implement a strategic direction to support telehealth, provider self-servcie and provider innovation. Contribute to the development of strategic objectives and translate objectives into tactical plans.
- Ensure program management of telehealth including vendor management, reporting, issue resolution, riskassessment/mitigation, contingency planning, budget management and general project administration are completed in a timely manner to meet project deliverables and goals.
- Work directly and on an ongoing basis with external Provider partners to deploy telehealth and other innovative solutions.
- Define, plan, and quantify new market opportunities for telehealth capabilities identifying our current state, known gaps and planning for gap closure.
- Ensure that business and financial objectives are achieved for telehealth partnerships.
- Measure the telehealth program effectiveness; recommend and implement enhancements to ensure programs are competitive and meeting strategic objectives.
- Identify, address, and resolve appropriately issues that arise between BCBSMA and vendor partners.
- Analyze partner/vendor relationships to identify opportunities to improve the clinical, operational, and financial performance to assure members/providers receive high quality, cost effective service.
- Manage directly and through influence the monitoring and measuring of partner performance across multiple dimensions.
- Ensure business needs and conflicting priorities are addressed through proactive management with business leaders.
- Build internal and external relationships and partner with multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams for business unit or company-wide initiatives.
- Manage special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Comply with all BCBSMA policies and procedures and the requirements of the Blueprint Code of Ethics and Conduct of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has a solid understanding of business project management and/or program coordination; balances priorities effectively; and has an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications through organizing, running and participating in meetings and work teams, correspondence, and preparing and delivering presentations
- Excellent ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive tasks; strong organizational skills
- Problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience performing in a matrixed management environment; comfortable working with either business or technical staff to achieve project/program objectives.
- Must be collaborative by nature.
- A self-motivator who can gather, interpret and distribute information quickly and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage via influencing.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make sound business recommendations and decisions.
- High degree of professionalism; ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to engender trust and confidence; high sense of integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired, Master’s Degreepreferred in business, healthcare or related experience.
- 5 - 10 years’ relevant industry experience