We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
At Amgen we strive to put the patient front in center…to be "patient centric". This position has a key role in driving this mission by leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) marketing strategy + execution for Prolia® in the U.S. The Senior Manager will oversee the core owned creative assets for the brand and lead the expansion of new media & omni-channel capabilities from concept to development to launch. This individual will play a key role in the analysis of results that informs insight and data-based recommendations.
This critical role provides a tremendous opportunity to work on Prolia®, a $2.2 billion blockbuster therapy treating over 1 million patients with post-menopausal osteoporosis in the US. This marketer will manage several initiatives to flawless execution in the short term as well as help drive new capabilities that will set the brand up for success in the mid to long term. You will serve as a true champion for the consumer.
This position will not be responsible for management of direct reports. However, it will require significant agency management, and cross-functional team leadership.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Deliver breakthrough and impactful creative campaigns that execute via television, digital, website, mobile, email/CRM, point of care, and print.
- Lead the brand's media strategy that includes management of traditional channels like TV, while also executing an aggressive expansion of pilot-to-launch efforts.
- Develop and track the measurement of key metrics for the media mix, consumer engagement, advertising effectiveness, and brand performance while linking to patient script lift and the broader success metrics of the brand.
- Collaborate with internal teams on CRM strategy and content development in a manner that integrates the totality of the patient journey to ensure the best possible patient experience.
- Work closely with Communications/PR and Digital lead to ensure campaign messaging is pulled through the marketing mix channels to the right consumers across the journey.
- Manage day-to-day oversight of agency as well as publisher relationships.
- Champion continuous improvement with our patient services/adherence activities and share best practices across the organization.
- Collaborate with key partners including HCP marketing, Access, Corporate Communications, Operational teams, and Commercial Strategy and Analytics to ensure synergy with programming for healthcare professionals, customers, and consumers.
- Manage the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review and approval of new materials to enable responsible and compliant consumer communications.
- Manage budgets and closely monitor performance, ensuring cost-effective delivery of all programs.
- Domestic travel up to 20%.
• Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
• Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
• Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
• Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
• High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Strategic planning, leadership, collaboration, and the ability to serve as a true champion for the consumer.
- Strong marketing acumen with a solid grasp of marketing strategy, market research, segmentation, brand positioning, and tactical plan development.
- Experience developing and executing a wide range of successful online and offline tactics, including digital, print, video, and CRM.
- Demonstrated strength in translating market research into effective consumer campaigns or programs. Previous experience with clinical data a plus.
- Experience working with media agencies and publishers to build and optimize effective media plans.
- Demonstrated strength in analytics to translate data into insights and indicated actions.
- Exhibiting passion and empathy to build meaningful experiences with consumers by understanding their needs and desires.
- Experience working with advertising agencies to develop and produce engaging creative.
- Strong bias for action and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment and live up to the highest ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills and self-awareness of leadership style.
- Ability to build productive partnerships and collaborate effectively in a matrix organization.
- Experience marketing directly to consumers, with a preference for pharmaceutical or regulated consumer goods or services.