The Senior Manager, Proposals (Project Services) oversees the proposal development and submission process and facilitates the creation of compliant, successful bids and client solutions. Managing and mentoring proposal managers and coordinators, this position works closely with directors, executives, and others across the organization to ensure the creation of winning proposals and, in particular, acts in concert with solutions leaders who are assigned specifically to each proposal. Continuous improvement efforts are applied to proposal structure, presentation, win strategies, technical content, budgeting, and all aspects of the overall process.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the proposal development team for the Oil and Gas business sector, including best practices, overall quality, team building and morale and ensures appropriate resources are available to meet corporate and proposal objectives.
- Develop, lead and supervise the execution of the proposal process and provide timely updates and status reports to executive leadership, including facilitating and/or leading appropriate levels of management review based on internal delegation of authority.
- Review RFPs to provide summaries for bid team evaluation, identify and secure missing information, identify and evaluate assumptions, assess potential risks, and ensure that proposal text matches RFP requirements and aligns with solutions and corporate strategy.
- Performs detailed analyses of solicitation documents (e.g., RFP, RFQ, SOW) and directs the development of the proposal plan including the proposal schedule, proposal outline, compliance matrices, version control and information sharing, resource planning, and review cycles.
- Collaborate with the proposal teams and assigned technical staff to ensure that bids are scoped properly, are compliant, and are aligned with customer needs in a cost-competitive manner while representing capabilities, capacity, strategy and meet the expected revenue targets of the business practice and/or sector.
- Communicate with stakeholders including internal resources and outside business partners in clarifying scope of work and proposal requirements.
- Ensure quality and consistency of approach by overseeing and participating in the review of proposal content, alignment of text with RFP requirements and submission of our solutions, budgets, and all mandatory requirements.
- Supervises proposal coordinators and managers and is responsible for managing workload and production and final delivery of proposals. Conducts supervisory duties such as interviewing, hiring, annual evaluations and performance management.
- Actively participates in strategy sessions with functional staff to develop win strategies, win themes, features, benefits, and discriminators as well as identify and assess competitors, understand client hot buttons, and develop the pricing strategy.
- Participates in development of proposal presentations as required by the customer and assures adherence to proposal requirements and win strategy.
- Initiates and contributes to departmental improvements in processes and procedures.
- Other Duties as assigned by Director.
- Must be organized, able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, and have a thorough understanding of proposal work in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and formatting preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work the hours required to meet critical proposal deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with a minimum of eight (8) years of combined experience related to business development and/or proposal development, including five (5) years of relevant industry experience.