Tysons Corner, VA
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 170 days ago
Senior Manager Project Management
As a Senior Manager, Project Management at Capital One, you will drive strategy and execute on high priority projects for the company. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
Responsibilities of a Senior Manager, Project Management consist of:
- Leading moderate to large complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and direct reports.
- Designing, developing, and managing project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Ensuring projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time.
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Leading a team of project managers
The person will:
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 Years of Project Managementexperience
- At least 1 Year of People Management experience
- Masters / MBA degree
- 5+ years of Project Managementexperience
- 3+ years of People Management experience
Job ID R49954