What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Prject and Change Management, you will be responsible for the development of and tactical delivery against project and change management plans for new or improved sales and revenue management systems or processes. You will ensure project plans and goals are achieved. You will manage and advance risks and issues related to breadth, timeline or cost; and update business lead and partners on project progress. You will also ensure that the change management strategy includes a focus on effective communication, training and support for sustained adoption and results and ensures that standard process and procedures remain current with changing sales and revenue management systems.
You will build positive partnerships with the business lead, Technology, Brands, Revenue Management, Operations, Hilton University, other departments and with solution vendors to support a number of key deliverables.
More specifically, you will:
- Produce and execute project and change management and project plans for Sales and Revenue Management projects or systems.
- Partner across global Commercial Services and other teams to build detailed project plans, lead a multi-disciplinary team to meet project deadlines and prepare professional and compelling communications and presentations to key partners.
- Assess actual performance against standards and identify issues and risks to settle whether the project is on target, taking corrective measures as necessary.
- Develop and maintain progress reports and other key partner updates ensuring that all information is consistent, correct, accurate and timely.
- Lead the project communication plan, coordinate the effective execution of required communication and facilitate the tracking and updating of the communication schedule.
- Coordinate with other applicable functions on developing and creating change management, training program, deployment planning and execution, operational support planning, and other transition activities to live, steady state operation.
- Support business specialists among the core and extended project team. You will facilitate the gathering of business requirements for all aspects of the project.
- Lead user acceptance testing, identify key functionality gaps and partner with IT to prioritize requirements. This includes working with IT to activate a remediation plan, if required.
- Assist with production of benefit measurement analysis in line with defined process to validate the impact of the solution and associated business process changes.
- Review, offer advice and provide feedback on projects, including product design and functional business plans.
- Review the implementation and support processes to ensure they remain meaningful, effective and efficient to meet changing business standards and processes.
- Contribute and support the development of a program for continuous learning after deployment in order to constantly maintain and improve knowledge levels while delivering value to the business.
- Support building, leading and executing detailed processes around system improvements, bug fixes, releases, test plans, training and deliverables associated with system changes. This includes ensuring that Best Practices and Procedures remain current with changing Revenue Management systems.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Hilton's business processes and systems as they relate to Sales and Revenue Management across brands and geographies.
- Seek new ways to improve activities that produce a benefit to the customer (external or internal).
- Work with manager on goals and personal improvement to assist in accomplishing department initiatives, plus your own career objectives.
What are we looking forWe believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will effectively communicate at all levels
- Organized teammates with a results-focus who effectively plan and pay superb attention to detail
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, prioritize responsibilities and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands
- Influencers, who can encourage others to move toward a common vision or goal combined with a personal commitment to succeed
- Problem solvers, who actively identify and prevent potential problems
- Collaborators, who possess acute business vision, deep understanding of organizational issues or challenges and recognition of need for involvement from other teams
- Independent project managers, who are also adept at leading the independent work of other team members as appropriate
- Creative thinkers, who strive to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, competitive pricing, and new product offerings
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Four (4) years project management experience
- Three (3) years of related experience in the hospitality industry
- Two (2) years sales, group meetings, events and/or revenue management experience
- Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- Experience with creating and using project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel, operational impact plans, communication plans, deployment plans or other related project or change management tools
- Deep understanding of project or change management best practices
- Travel - 20% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR ten (10) years' professional experience
- Six (6) years of project management experience
- Four (4) years of sales and/or revenue management experience
- PMP and/or Change Management certification
- Operational experience with end-user processes and systems, such as experience in hotel level Sales, Group, Meetings and Events or Revenue Management
- Proficient with learning new systems and processes with ease through an understanding of current systems: Delphi, OnQ PM, OnQ R&I, OnQ RM, GRO, OnQ FM
- Experience with external vendor partnerships/management