Comcast is building an in-house Programmatic Media Activation team. The activation team will work to meet/exceed campaign performance across all business units, while partnering with an agency team for investment planning, strategy, and non-programmatic activation to create one multi-channel, cohesive go-to-market media execution.
Comcast’s Programmatic Media Activation team works with a variety of Comcast stakeholders and agency partners to manage and execute programmatic media campaigns that meet performance goals across a variety of platforms. The Senior Manager will serve as a subject-matter-expert and team lead for programmatic execution for a number of Comcast business units.
The Senior Manager will be an invaluable team resource, overseeing day-to-day operations of the activation talent and working directly with senior leadership to ensure successful and strategic activation. The ideal candidate must be familiar with the programmatic campaign lifecycle from planning to execution. They will encourage sophisticated activation with a detailed approach to supply path optimization (SPO), bid strategy, omni-channel activation, and platform strategy.
The Senior Manager will partner closely with the agency lead and will contribute to digital investment strategies. They will ensure smooth workflows between in-house and agency teams knowing the agency is fulfilling the ad operations, billing and reconciliation, and planning functions for programmatic channels.
- Manage and support the team of activation practitioners responsible for campaign execution
- Serve as escalation for campaign troubleshooting, performance issues, and partner management
- Evaluate and select strategic advertising technology and partners
- Supporting efforts across partner units within Comcast (Divisions, Search, Agency, MarCom, Analytics) to create improved digital experiences across all touchpoints
- Enforce internal and external operations workflows to ensure smooth collaboration
- Train junior and peer staff members in programmatic or performance marketing tenets
- Contribute to larger media initiatives across the organization involving technology integration, audience management, and frequency management across business units
- Ensure performance benchmarks and KPI goals for respective channels, business units, and initiatives
- Oversee team’s execution of multichannel programmatic media campaigns (desktop/mobile, display/video)
- Provide guidance for most effective campaign setup and efficient use of reporting systems
- Identify areas for opportunity to improve current procedures, and grow internal team capability.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 6+ years of Digital experience, with emphasis in programmatic
- Must have hands-on experience managing multiple platforms including DV360, Verizon, Amazon, The Trade Desk
- 3+ year client-facing experience
- Direct report management experience preferred
- Knowledge of biddable platforms (search or social) and/or ad-tech (i.e. DMP, ad server, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with teams in multiple locations
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables & project timelines efficiently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office solutions, experience with Excel and PowerPoint a must
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter wanting to excel career path by laying the foundation of a new Comcast practice.