PeopleTech is looking for a strong Program Management leader with experience managing a team of Program Managers (PM) and Business Analysists (BA), overseeing a complicated portfolio of projects with ambiguous requirements and winning the trust of stakeholders who are never satisfied. Our PMs and BAs are passionate about launching highly functional Time and Attendance systems all over the world, and require a visionary leader with strong people management skills, senior stakeholder relationship skills, and unmatched organizational abilities. The best candidates will have real-world experience designing system-launch playbooks and establishing best practices for project management strategies, a deep portfolio of successful project implementations, and an aptitude for high judgement that will guide resource management decisions.
Responsibilities include owning the portfolio and roadmap for project implementations and launches, influencing team members, partners and customers to deliver project milestones efficiently and on time, setting an elite standard for crisp and articulate written and verbal communication, recruiting high potential team members, establishing and tracking performance metrics, and providing coaching and career development. You will help your team sift through competing priorities and complex requirements to clarify and solidify the roadmap, collaborate with Product Managers and software developers to bring the roadmap to fruition, and define and monitor metrics that measure the success of the portfolio. Success is predicated on meticulous organizational skills, high attention to detail, spot-on judgement, and ultimately an unbending predisposition that vigorously advocates for the customer.
If your immediate reaction is a Bill Murray-esque “me, me, me also;” or even “I am really close on this one…” then we want to hear from you!
· 10+ years work experience in Project Management, Program Management, or Technology organizations
· 7+ years of Project or Program Management experience with direct ownership of roadmap and milestone planning.
· Experience managing medium or large teams, with success developing strong performers and experience coaching and growing team members.
· Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders.
· Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & capturing business requirements, launching projects, and conducting customer research.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity projects.
· Strong verbal communication and presentation skills; sufficient poise to successfully interact with all levels of an organization, cross-functional partners, and customers.
· Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Amazon’s suite of technical products and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
· 4-year BA/BS required
· Quantitative background with proven ability to synthesize and make sense out of huge amounts of data.
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail.
· Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements.
· Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define the right business strategy and develop the product roadmap to deliver it.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units.
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative solutions for complex customer problems.Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Prior experience working as a product manager, software developer or UX designer
· MBA or relevant graduate degree
Job ID: 606717