Senior Manager - Program Management
8 - 10 years experience •
This role is responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include ownership of delivering strategic programs, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. After technically following complexity of features and bugs, you will be able to recommend priority of issues keeping customers in focus.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Manage cross team issue resolution and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Ensure integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed.
- Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and vendors to develop optimal solutions.
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, providing escalation management, and balancing business needs with technical constraints.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
DESIRED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
- Expertise in agile practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations and cybersecurity. Ability to think agile is required.
- Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Experience driving the entire product lifecycle: requirements definition through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch, and production support for medium to large projects.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Skilled at relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated success in an entrepreneur environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- B.S. in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in digital platforms
- 3+ years of solution management experience for software and infrastructure services
- 2+ years of coding experience in Java or other programing languages.
- Experience as a Product Manager a plus
Job Number: 2017-6622