The successful candidate will be:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of large scale strategic initiatives or a program of related projects including program planning, change management, program governance, program quality, 3rd Party Vendor Management, program milestones/revenue forecasting.
- Responsiblefor delivering Program/Project updates and presentations to C-Level Executives and leading diverse teams of project managers (both internal and external) in the successful delivery of all assigned initiatives/ program benefits.
- Responsible for advanced knowledge and execution of Change Management and identification of process and delivery improvements.
- Accountable for reporting including, but not limited to: Health of the Program, Service Level Objectives (SLOs) for each product, Escalations and Root Cause Analysis.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilitiessatisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews program to assure results align with the methodology and support the program objectives.
- Assigns the goals and objectives of the program to assure that value proposition and benefits are met within the prescribed schedule, cost, and quality measures.
- Identifies the integration points of the various projects including predecessors and dependencies.
- Ensures proper controls identified, documented and communicated.
Program Change Management
- Identifies program level changes and the potential impacts to all related projects and initiatives. Determines the recommended solution and facilitates the process of obtaining the Change Control Board’s approval or rejection.
- Escalates appropriate Program Management changes.
- Ensures the quality of the overall program through continuous monitoring & controlling of the various initiatives.
- Utilizes past lessons learned, on similar initiatives, to improve delivery of the program and/or projects.
- Participates on cross functional teams responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements across the organization.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of project profitability and margin accountability
- Accountable for achieving set program margins.
- Meets schedule objective to ensure financial forecast is aligned with Program Milestones.
- Participate in the Pre-Sales review for SOWs and costs associated with potential implementations.
Risks and Issues Management
- Continually identifies, qualifies, and tracks program risks, defining mitigation and contingency plans, assigning appropriate resources, and constantly communicating status.
- Responsible for early identification of program issues, determines potential resolutions, assigns the appropriate resources, communicates status, tracks and resolves them in a timely manner.
- Resolves issues regarding program performance one-on-on with the project managers.
- Escalates unresolved or ongoing performance issues to the appropriate functional manager providing specific examples and details on the impact to the project/program.
- Pro-actively works with Functional Managers to mitigate project risks associated with shared resources and/or resources assigned that do not have the necessary skills. Identifies potential resource constraints and builds in the associated contingency plans.
- Annual Performance Reviews for Project Managers
- Development plans for Project Managers
- Reports on Program Health
- Management of the slot plan for current and future potential for new implementations or service engagements.
- Gate Checks - Ensures a smooth transition through each phase of the project and proper communication between the various responsible groups setting clear expectations and holding individuals accountable for their responsibilities on the program and within the various projects.
- Facilitates and presents Program/Project Status to the Executive Team and Steering Committee as required.
Mentoring and Training
- Educates team members and new employees in project management principles, methods, processes and tools.
- Keeps up-to-date and educated in skills related to program/project management and ensures this information is disseminated throughout the process.
- Mentors and trains Project Managers, Coordinators and Project Teams on D+H standards based on PMI best practices.
- Ensures the program/project team utilizes the tools and standards, processes and procedures.
- Interview, hire, and create on-boarding plans for new or transferred employees.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and educational activities to support employee development that aligns with organizational goals and objectives.
- Create performance goals and objectives; track and communicate progress. Prepare and conduct regular performance evaluations and corrective action plans.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to maintain open communication and share information.
- Encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years’ experience in Program/Project Management leading technical and non-technical resources, or similar experience.
- 2+ year’s management responsibility including managing a team of project management professionals.
- Extensive experience with Change Management at defining, implementing and continually improving standards processes and procedures utilizing industry best practice (PMI, CMMI, etc.)
- Experience delivering complex software conversion projects including software integration, interface development, software and hardware configuration and training. Experience with risk management including assisting project management teams with identification of risks and issues, and creating and managing mitigation and contingency plans for those items.
- Extensive experience developing, tracking and managing project/program budgets based on the development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and a 3 point estimation process.
- Experience identifying and tracking financial triggers for invoicing.
- Experience in successfully working within a matrix organization structure.
- Experience with preparing for and participating in project quality reviews and compliance audits. Experience with implementing QA processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge and practical experience within the financial services industry preferred.