The Sr Mgr, Program Implementation for Way We Work is a critical member of the Workplace Transformation implementation team.
This program is a coordinated effort between Real Estate, IT&S, Global HR and user groups with the objective of transforming the way we work and enabling mobility in a holistic manner (workspace design & services, enabling technology & support, and new behaviours supported by relevant HR policies).
The incumbent is responsible for leading a cross-functional project team through the project plan during the design, delivery and sustainment phases, adapting the generic ecosystem implementation plan as required.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Drives integrated project plan – by communicating with the relevant workstream leads or project managers (e.g., status meetings), proactively tracks and ensures scheduled tasks are completed or on track for completion; identifies, resolves and appropriately escalates issues and risks, drives appropriate prioritization in alignment to overall program objectives and priorities
• Guardian and champion of end-state vision for the project team – focuses team on end-user experience and alignment to guiding principles (e.g., in decisions, issue resolution, risk mitigation)
• Supports project workstream PMs or leads as required; e.g., facilitation, solutioning, clarifying problem statements, providing frameworks, etc.
• Is the voice of the ecosystem population to Program Manager and Program Core Team
• Primary coordination point for the project workstreams (Real Estate, IT and HR/Change) as well as the employee population moving into the new space.
- Accountable with project team for achieving project timelines and milestones within budget
- Coordinates with users and other bank areas (IT&S, SCT, HR) to promote department readiness in areas not being delivered by this program (eg. workflow, paperless, Lean, etc)
- Acts as primary relationship manager for the Leader group during the preparation phase
- Continue as primary relationship manager for the user group post-move (for a to-be-determined period of time), to foster continuous improvement and optimal workplace experience
• The incumbent must be able to manage complex deliverables and relationships, and to clearly articulate a vision for the Scotiabank's workplace in the future. This is a highly complex program with significant change management and inter-departmental cooperation required. A results oriented individual who can manage through uncertainty and complexity is required.
1. Delivery Leadership:
- Ensure the program’s vision and objectives are clearly understood by the project team and applied throughout the project
- Oversee and support all workstream leads and PMs across the integrated project plan to ensure successful delivery on time and on budget, achieving the project’s objectives
- Ensure inter-workstream (cross-functional) dependencies and considerations are identified and appropriately managed or planned for
- Own status reporting, and issue and risk management for the integrated project (identify, document, support/develop resolutions and mitigations), and appropriately communicate same to program leadership within the documented governance structure, reporting process and escalation protocol.
2. Change Support:
- Support program Change Lead as required ; attend Change Champion meetings as required to
- Own the process of escalating to the program team decisions concerning business readiness requirements and solution development
- Maintains involvement in post-move sustainment and approves or escalates any change requests
3. Relationship Management:
- Align with the project’s business representatives about the site specific experience goals, guiding principles and non-negotiables for the new work environment.
- Interface between representatives from the Change/HR, IT, Real Estate project streams and representatives from the business.
- Act as primary liaison for the business and provide regular feedback to the broader team partners (Change/HR, IT, Real Estate) to promote collaboration and consensus and optimal work experiences.
4. Communications and coordination:
- Escalate need to Project Team Leadership for additional communications and training for specific groups based on project team findings/discussion
- Strategic influencing with leaders as they prepare for the new way of working
5. Other ad hoc project related work as required from time to time.
• Team building and leadership
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Strong Organization & Project Management
• Confident and competent Windows Office user (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), MS Project an advantage. Early adopter of new software tools.
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills/Relationship Management, particularly with Executive/Senior Management
• Excellent Communicator
• Must be Proactive, Self-Starter and able to create structure and set up new processes.
• Capable of moving forward through complex situations
Minimum, Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; or equivalent work experience
Requisition ID: 20359