Senior Manager, Production Support (Canadian Mobile Banking)
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think abouttechnology. TD’stechnology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era inbankingdoes not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Channels Technology Solutions (CTS) is driven by the vision to create an integrated, seamless, effortless and legendary customer and client experience for TD Bank, TD Canada Trust, TD Insurance and TD Wealth Management across all channels (ATM, Mobile, Online, Phone, Branch, and Stores).
About This Role
The Senior Manager – Production Support (Canadian Mobile Banking) is a technology leadership role accountable for the third level support function for the Canadian Mobile Banking ecosystem. The candidate will lead a team of highly skilled support analysts with a mandate to ensure to highest availability & resiliency for the platform.
Key accountabilities include:
Incident Management / Platform Resiliency
- Ensuring processes and procedures are in place to provide 24/7 3rd level support for the Canadian Mobile Banking ecosystem
- Leading triage, troubleshooting & remediation activities during production incidents
- Overseeing detailed investigation of incidents to evaluate root causes and ensure implementation of targeted, value added and controlled remediation plans
- Establishing and tracking KPIs to manage platform availability & promoting continuous improvement
- Assessing the mobile ecosystem to identify weak spots, developing & executing on efforts to improve resiliency of identified components
- Managing the operations/support of the Canadian Banking Mobile applications and services for in order to meet business goals and objectives
- Establishing effective relationships across technology delivery teams and business partners
- Managing the overall support budget for Canadian Mobile Banking
- Identifying and recommending opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiencies of the team
- Lead a team of highly skilled & motivated support analysts; providing both people management and technical leadership
- Setting targets and objectives for the team
- Partner with HR and Recruitment to identify & recruit top technical talent
- Ongoing talent management to ensure team members have meaningful development plans and rewarding careers
- Growing team expertise to align with the demand and business/technology direction; assessing team skills and capabilities and continually look for ways to provide and enhance value delivered
- Providing coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management and overall team leadership for team members
- Promote and support an environment that encourages productivity, innovation, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism
- Participate in knowledge transfer – ensure timely and accurate communication of business objectives throughout the group and articulate the group mandate to other areas
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving business objectives and providing client services
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Strong technical background with 7-10 years of experience in application support & incident management
- Experience with mobiletechnologies (Android, IOS, APIs etc)
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Track record in vendor engagement and management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.