Location: Irving, TX
The Senior Manager will serve as the technical subject matter expert for the production quality team. Will be expected to lead efforts in the identification of incident ticket trending, tracking/communicating of root cause analysis of repeat issues and producing the monthly OPS trial documentation. This role will act as a Tier 3 support resource for the PQ team.
This requires an expert level/knowledge and triage techniques, investigation skills of the end to end transaction flows, regular ticket updates, tracking/trending recurring issues and ownership of communication of resolutions both internally and externally.
Requires the ability to bring together the internal teams (quality assurance, architecture, engineering and systems analysts) along with the OEM's to ensure our products are working as designed/intended with customer quality as the key deliverable.
This position will require a strong knowledge of internal platforms, ability to train PQ resources to increase their triage/troubleshooting skills and to possess an aptitude for learning new and changing enterprise components as they relate to the OEM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and triage issues to determine their impact, validity and severity.
- Fully understand our internal systems, processes and databases to gather the appropriate information to facilitate the RCA analysis and trending.
- Ensure continuous process improvement is a culture of the team.
- Review, update policies/procedures on a regular basis.
- Conduct audits of the team's deliverables to ensure quality and consistency are met.
- Define the criteria of when issues are escalated/transitioned to Tier 2 (IT ops) and Tier 3 (Development).
- Establish a root cause tracking mechanism that identifies trends, problem areas and publish the results to senior management for review/implementation.
- Communicate to all stakeholders the impact assessment, steps taken for issue resolution and root cause analysis results.
- Maintain strong understanding of our products/services as well as the ability to process and research their reported issues in order to address operational challenges.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Tier 2 (IT ops) and Tier 3 (development). This will be greatly needed to facilitate communication, knowledge sharing and cooperation.
- Analyze reported incidents to aid in determining possible underlying causes and related improvements for continuous improvement efforts.
- Track, monitor and report/update Internal and OEM partners on acceptance/rejection and resolution progress of incidents. Updates to internal and external issue tracking systems as appropriate.
- Key participant to facilitate defect review meetings/updates.
- Provide status reports and executive summaries
- Promote and develop strong relationships with key OEM's.
- Trend defect recurrence and analyze to help determine possible improvements to aid in reducing future instances.
- The Senior Manager of PQ will be responsible for managing a team of 3-5 resources.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following: quality assurance, incident management, IT administration, project management.
- 7+ plus years of experience using query tools (Data Warehouse/Oracle/Sybase, etc.) to identify supporting detail for analysis:
- Oracle SQL Developer,
- Siebel Relational Query,
- Database Relational Trace Logs,
- API protocols,
- Incident tracking systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Must have ability to cohesively and concisely present results both in writing and in person (internal and customer facing).
- Demonstrated experience managing 24x7 information systems and/or technical operations servicing multiple customers.
- Interacts with customers (internal and external) at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively partners with other departments to provide information and feedback, analyze reports for continuous improvement and resolve issues.
- Excellent technical analysis, planning and problem solving skills.
- Personal leadership skills with successful track record of leading team to accomplish difficult objectives.
- Department-level management skill including budget, personnel review, scheduling and other administrative tasks.
- Great public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of a defect tracking system is a requirement.
- Experience in systems analysis, design and production triage activities.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).