Express Scripts Canada is actively looking for a Sr. Manager, Production Operations who will report to the Director, Technology Services. The Manager, Production Operations will manage Express Scripts Canada’s mission critical IT operations and support infrastructure. This includes Network, UNIX/LINUX, Wintel, Storage, Databases, Telephony, Datacenters, DR and Software licensing. This department is responsible to ensure that operational SLA’s are met and exceeded. The Manager will serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve and ensure timely resolution. They will provide input towards equipment and software lifecycles. The department will partner with counterparts within ESC to ensure alignment of applicable technologies and services and focus on delivering a high level of internal customer service/satisfaction. Liaise with US counterparts to ensure consistency of operations for shared enterprise technologies and services.
- Manage the daily IT operations of the organization (all Canadian locations) such as: application & infrastructure performance, induction of new applications and infrastructure into the operations portfolio, trouble shooting, reporting and remediation of system performance issues:
- Directly manage personnel and provide direction, coaching, performance and productivity to ensure high quality service that will meet both internal and external needs.
- Maintain quality of service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Identify and analyze technical problems, plan, task and solution.
- Manage or participate in various types of special projects including cyclical technology refresh, ongoing initiatives and one–time projects.
- Lead annual infrastructure Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Proactively seek out cost savings through operational efficiencies and value added activities
- Collaborate with other internal departments
- Hands on expertise with current IT infrastructure systems, including networks, servers, data security systems and VOIP telephony.
- Strong technical skills in LAN/WAN, including switching, server and related peripherals
- Provide second level support to End User Services as needed
- Manage the patching function for all ESC enterprise infrastructure & databases.
- Manage and improve proactive infrastructure monitoring and on-call after hours support.
- Manage the budget of the Production Operations department.
- Manage the procurement process for departmental spend.
- Manage all enterprise HW/SW maintenance and licensing contracts.
- Manage the Production Operations team which includes outside contractors and services.
- Manage direct reports and assist in the organization development, talent planning of individuals throughout the IS team. Be an active contributor to the IS leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Certifications in ITIL, Project Management, Cisco/VOIP, Microsoft, VMware and/or Oracle
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in an infrastructure/operational role managing staff and a department budget with demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Ability to motivate and provide leadership and mentoring to employees and create a culture that supports high employee morale
- Experience with PCI, PHI & PII environments and their requirements.
- Strong technical knowledge in Networking, UNIX/LINUX, Wintel, Oracle & SQL Databases, Storage, Telephony and Virtualization methodologies
- Experience with Datacenter Operations and Disaster Recovery.
- Customer Service oriented with the ability to communicate incidents to customers and stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage multiple high priority projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate change management
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Experience in IS Procurement and contract interpretation/negotiation.
- Demonstrated presentation skills with the ability to present to large audiences on Technical Infrastructure and Incident Management related topics.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate deadlines, limited travel and on call rotation
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Technology Services provides core information technology services to all Express Scripts Canada departments. It provides underlying hardware, software, network infrastructure and enterprises services in order to keep the organization running.
Job Id: REQ20010083