About the role:
The Senior Manager, Product Marketing will own the go-to market strategy for Splash's current product and new releases. They will be responsible for creating down-funnel content to support the sales cycle and marketing funnels, as well as continuously educating and enabling internal stakeholders on our unique positioning, the problems we solve, and how we solve them. In addition, they will be responsible for validating the market, including deeply understanding our customers, industry, and competitive threats.
Splash is headquartered in New York, and has recently expanded our Marketing team to include key leadership in Seattle and Phoenix. Candidates in all three locations as well as remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and execute agile go-to-market strategies for new products, features and services, including messaging, positioning and packaging
- Quarterback product launches, being the liaison between Product, Marketing, Client Success, Sales, and the broader business for timing and scope of launches
- Develop content and campaigns that drive prospects deeper down the funnel, including playbooks, datasheets, faqs, whitepapers, webinars, presentations, etc.
- Create enablement materials for Sales, CS, and Marketing, ensuring all are equipped to sell the solution, including messaging and positioning by user/buyer persona
- Understand and communicate how releases, enablement materials and product marketing campaigns impact the funnel, including opportunity creation, renewal impact, close rate improvements, and shortening of sales cycle
- Work with Product Management to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages and stories
- Collaborate with Product on both the internal and external product roadmaps and how and when to communicate them
- Be the keeper of external-facing product assets and how/when/to whom to use them.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to regularly engage customers for feedback, advocacy, and testing and communicate learnings back to the broader business
- Manage ongoing competitive analysis and competitive information including tracking market moves and developing competitive positioning and messaging
- Regularly conduct win/loss analyses and report trends and other findings back to the business
- Understand broader marketing and event technology trends that allow for future product initiatives and insight
- 5-7 years experience in product marketing or product management at a technology company
- Experience developing and executing go-to-market plans
- Ability to identify and create a range of marketing assets to generate product knowledge, interest, and adoption (and a portfolio to show)
- Ability to build relationships internally and collaborate with key stakeholders in Product, Sales and Client Success
- Experience meeting with customers, gathering their feedback, and using it to create business value
- Strong communication, presentation, writing, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Strategic yet able to execute.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Event marketing or event technology experience preferred
- SaaS product marketing experience preferred