ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an action-oriented visionary leader who is craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. The Senior Manager, Product Marketing, IT Operations Management (ITOM) will be responsible for driving the vision, execution, and ultimately, the success of ITOM Product Marketing. This position reports to the Senior Director, Product Marketing.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in developing compelling value propositions, messaging, content, go-to-market strategies, and marketing plans across customer segments, including Global 2000 spanning to small-and-medium-sized businesses. Candidate has previously advanced the maturity and growth of customers (usage and share of wallet) throughout a technology lifecycle with a proven technology vendor. The candidate has a strong background in product marketing with particular emphasis on building success through scale (i.e., partners).
What you get to do in this role:
- Working with product, sales, and partner teams to formulate our strategy, programs, and content to ensure the long-term growth and viability of the ServiceNow ITOM business.
- Be the voice of the ITOM customer and provide a community perspective on value during day-to-day activities.
- Meet with Sales, Sales Specialists, Solution Consultants, Solution Consulting and Partners to understand the needs of customers and partners and win greater mindshare.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Sales Specialists, Solution Consulting, and Product Marketing to produce content, curriculum, and certification materials.
- Meet with and collaborate with customers and partners to develop joint value propositions and messaging.
- Drive joint go-to-market activities with select ITOM partners.
- Identify, support and manage key conferences and events.
- Define and execute product marketing programs and operational deliverables - including but not limited to product launches, product specific programs (i.e., certification), pricing updates, and enablement materials for ServiceNow departments.
- Align to the broader product marketing team and operationalize product programs such that sales teams and partner organizations are properly informed about product details, messaging, sales tools and collateral, pricing, and releaseschedules.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure operational readiness for company-wide initiatives.
- Lead the development of messaging and value propositions across product, solution, and corporate needs for the ITSM business.
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan, as appropriate to your area of focus.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Natural empathy for and understanding of needs of customers across multiple types.
- Driving traction and programs to ensure success of an extended ecosystem, designed to scale.
- Keen understanding of partner business models and the ability to collaborate with them on how ServiceNow can help them grow their businesses
- Passion about our products and the possibilities of shaping the future of how enterprises will collaborate.
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers and partners more successful.
- Experiencein Product Marketing (or Product Management), in a multi-national enterprise software company.
- Subject-matter expertise in one or more of the following domains: IT Operations Management, Virtualization, Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Application Development.
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be a high-impact individual, dynamic speaker, and leader.
- 5+ years of product marketing or product management experience
- 5+ years of experience with technology products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Very strong written communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Strong track record working with technology and/or solution partners
- Expert knowledge of the IT buyer and experience with SaaS technologies essential
- Helpful if comfortable with social media and community participation
- Up to 25% travel to support sales efforts and industry events.