At Salesforce, our world class Product Marketers create and tell inspirational stories with cutting edge demonstrations to people around the world. We measure our success by our ability to develop creative and innovative marketing strategies and ability to gain C-level, IT Director and key buyers’ mindshare.
This role will have a very broad scope. You'll have the opportunity to work across a variety projects and initiatives including: product messaging and positioning, go to market programs, sales and marketing content, campaigns, events, sales enablement, and building the marketing strategy.
Successful candidates will be excited to experiment with new campaigns and messaging to drive B2B Commerce awareness and set our sales team up for success. They will have a passion for taking the complex and making it simple and will have experience delivering compelling content through presentations and materials to sales teams, customers, and prospects. They should be able to manage complex, cross-functional projects from start to finish.
The below provides a taste of your day to day responsibilities as a Product Marketing Sr. Manager.
- Produce externally facing content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides, and more for all funnel stages by partnering with the industry’s leading creative team.
- Create compelling and easy to understand internally facing content for sales enablement including: sales training, competitive positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets.
- Partner closely with Product Management to understand the product strategy and develop top line product positioning.
- Develop innovative marketing strategies to gain VP and C-level mindshare in IT organizations.
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle
- Work closely with cross-functional marketing teams to drive the business & product marketing strategy. Track, measure and report against objectives.
- Drive an amazing launch cycle at our events, including our flagship Dreamforce, that drives conversation forward.
- Work directly with major partners and customers, in a global context, to drive market share and awareness.
- Work closely with corporate marketing to execute innovative online marketing campaigns, SEO, and web design.
- Create sales tools that will assist the sales teams in all phases of the sales cycle.
- 5-10+ years of experience in product marketing at a high tech company, or similar. MBA a plus, but not required.
- Experience crafting compelling brand and product positioning.
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets, including product demo videos and succinct slide pitch-decks.
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Dynamic, confident personality with ability to successfully define and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals.
- Experience/familiarity with business processes such as sales, ops, marketing, and customer support.
- Experience/familiarity with cloud-based enterprise software such as ecommerce solutions, CRM software, ERP, customer service or homegrown solutions.
- Proven track record of speaking in front of internal, external, and global audiences.
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Experience in the ecommerce, manufacturing, and/or consumer goods industries a plus