Seeking a talented and versatile individual with expertise in product management to join the Made for Samsung team.
A part of Samsung's Content & Services, Made for Samsung Program partners with leading brands and innovative partners in the mobile space to deliver unique cross-platform user experience and benefit to Samsung Galaxy users.
The successful candidate will be passionate about mobile content and service with deep understanding and enthusiasm about latest mobile trends and technology landscape. In addition to excellent product management skill, this candidate will be well-versed in partnership management, product marketing, and cross-functional collaboration.Role and Responsibilities
The Made for Samsung Product Manager will work very closely with partners to enhance and optimize their applications to create exclusive experiences on Galaxy devices. S/he will work cross-functionally internally with business development, Galaxy Store operations, engineering, QA & Deployment, and UI/UX design teams to manage end-to-end lifecycle of a partnership and its product roadmap.
Major responsibilities include:
- Understand both partner's and Samsung's strategic and competitive position. Analyze market and consumer needs and translate those into product requirements to enhance user experience
- Collaborate with partners and lead the product development from the ideation through implementation to the actual deployment
- Work with UX and development teams to continuously innovate future service offering, service operation team to maintain competitiveness in current service offering, and program managers for on-time product delivery
- Develop business case and ROI models for content and service offerings to evaluate and prioritize offerings
- Define and analyze performance metrics to measure the success of products.
- Responsible for P&L as well as delivery of services and enhancements to the market.
- Supervise the activities of others to complete projects
- 10+ years of experience with mobile or web-based company in product, project, program management roles
- Deep and holistic understanding of the online digital service user experiences (e.g. pricing, technology, user behavior) in mobile and CE.
- Must be able to think both strategically and tactically. Exceptional partnership management, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task to meticulously manage several projects to completion
- Strong leadership and attention to detail to lead cross-functional collaboration between business development, UX, and engineering teams
- Prior experience and mature understanding of the software product development process. Ability to design simple and intuitive user interfaces – ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Able to accommodate varying traveling needs including overseas (e.g. Korea) and work frequent flexible hours beyond normal schedule with Samsung teams outside of US
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or technology field
- Master's Degree in business or a field of technology preferred
Skills and Qualifications
• Has broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
• Actively solves complicated issues by analyzing situations or data even if it seems like there is no solution
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
• May supervise the activities of others
• Generally requires a minimum 12 years of related experience and a Bachelor's degree, or 10 years and a Master's degree, or a PhD with 7 years experience