The Marketing and Experience Transformation team is focused on driving product strategies to evolve and enhance the Guestexperience at Universal Parks and Resorts, including Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood.
This team member will play a critical role in transforming the end-to-end Guest experience, focusing on Guest data enablement. This role will work on our Guest Account as well as communication capabilities that enable personalized 1-to-moment touches. As a Product Owner, the primary function of this role, will be to manage new experience capabilities across the entire lifecycle, from product strategy, planning, definition, delivery, and implementation.
Product Strategy & Planning
- Proactively evaluate Guest experience strengths and pain points from all perspectives, to identify opportunities for new and/or improved experience delivery capabilities
- Collaborate and liaise with key business partners to establish product goals and objectives
- Ensure product alignment with the holistic experience transformation vision
- Develop and frame up product recommendations with associated cost, value and experience analysis, to gain approval and funding for development
- Establish the product roadmap and coordinate with key partners to manage product delivery and implementation timelines
- Develop an ongoing approach for measuring the success of newly implemented experience enhancements, to enable well-informed future product planning
Product Delivery & Implementation
- Work closely with the Technology team to establish delivery priorities for new capabilities, product enhancements, defect fixes, etc.
- Define and document product user stories and functional requirements to enable technology development
- Support product implementation across the domestic sites, capturing site specific functional requirements in partnership with on-site stakeholders
- Perform product validation throughout the development cycle, to ensure alignment with functional requirements.
- Maintain close partnership with Marketing, Operations and Product Integration to ensure that product functionality aligns with Operational capacity and capabilities.
- Represent and support the product as the ongoing subject matter expert.
- Partner with internal and external business partners to asses needs and identify data and platform needs to achieve business objectives
- Partner with other product teams to ensure data and platforms support other product initiatives
- Work collaboratively with CRM, eCommerce, Targeting, and Advanced Analytics to evolve technology in a prioritized fashion
- Ensure adherence, in partnership with IT, to all data governance and privacy policies, adjusting processes where needed
- Orchestrate all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including product strategy, planning, definition, delivery, and implementation.
- Drive experience transformation across the end-to end Guest experience, including the digitalexperience, on-site interactions, physical implementation, and operational processes.
- Partner with key teams such as marketing, technology, industrial engineering, digital, etc. to drive delivery of internal & external products and experiences.
- Drive strategy and delivery for products across the entire Parks and Resorts experience, for both Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an ability to understand broad concepts, identify connection points and gaps, and establish product strategies that align with the broader vision and support Guest and business strategies
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skill set, with an ability to synthesize and analyze product-related data across an array of sources (e.g. Marketing, Consumer Insights, Industrial Engineering, etc.), to evaluate product effectiveness
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills, with an ability to influence senior leadership by developing and clearly framing up options, analysis and recommendations
- Strong organizational skills with an appropriate balance of attention to detail and agility to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative, cross-functional project teams with a wide range of stakeholders and key partners
- Experience supporting an operating environment, with a focus on ensuring that strategies are sound and viable from an Operations and Team Member perspective
- Demonstrated experience in design, implementation and support of marketing focused databases and systems
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications and processes
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Data Science or equivalent work experience, required. MBA, preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years in product management, technology enablement, innovation or marketing leadership.
- Expert knowledge of large scale transformation initiatives
- Experience integrating marketing and experiencetechnologies
- Experience in project team leadership and large scale program planning and implementation
- Expert at stakeholder and partner management
- Experience in executive communication relationship building and decision making
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, and be able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated success leading and managing highly dynamic cross-functional teams through influence
- Experience with integrated marketing platforms that deliver across an entire Guest journey (CRM, Direct, Social Media, Search, Paid Media, and eCommerce)
- Experience with attribution tools and analytics
- Agile development experience
- Knowledge of web and mobiletechnologies (HTML, CSS, iOS/Android)
- Budget management
- Partner with external vendor teams to delivery and execute work
- Work with internal teams across M&S, Technology, Operations, Consumer Insights, Digital, Creative, etc. to integrate and collaborate across the Guest & Team Member experience
- Travel involved, minimal overall (3-4x per year).