You will fill a critical role on Platform’s product management team where you will drive product design and deployment of product services to both our external clients and internal users. You will do so in an exciting environment driven by a desire to enable more efficient and effective care.
Platform’s mission is to provide a modern development platform and secure healthcare data services, that can enable developers inside and outside athena to focus only on the development of their lightweight app using their preferred language. We manage the infrastructure and technologies seamlessly for our customers on the backend, absorbing new technologies as they emerge, and growing to support the increasing demands of healthcare in a stable, secure, scalable, cost-efficient, and performant manner.
The product manager for healthcare objects (h-objects) will work with all athena business and partners to help manage the development and extension of a domain specific language (DSL) that enables all healthcare entities to interpret data in a consistent way and drive interoperability across systems. Essentially the goal of the product manager of h-objects is to unlock athena’s data and enable bringing in all U.S. health related data to unlock care provider’s ability to manage the whole patient.
The Product Manager is responsible for one product area within their overarching Product’s portfolio; understanding the market and both external and internal athena customers, contributing to a product vision, developing business cases, ensuring a product or set of product features meets business requirements, driving the creation, delivery and initial support of the product, and evangelizing the product to internal customers and external beta customers. This position will work daily within scrum teams defining and writing user stories, prioritizing product backlogs , and making tradeoff decisions between scope and schedule. This position will also work with other businesses within athena on a regular (at least weekly) basis to ensure alignment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
55% Coordinate and contribute to the definition of assigned product area
- Own and drive to consensus around product backlog and prioritization of customer needs to solve within area of responsibility (defining and prioritizing what needs to be developed)
- Support Architects and other stakeholders in story definitions and allocations (support Architects in defining how things need to be developed)
- Define epics and user stories, clearly articulating business requirements for the problems we’re trying to solve - including UX/CX/Support requirements
- Understand the market opportunity via user needs, market forces and applicable business models; with regards to what would best serve our clients today as well as in the future
- Identify and track metrics and success criteria to create transparency and visibility to program success and opportunities for improvement – Requesting analyses to inform backlog
- Partner with Product Management leaders to be the voice of product decisions across athena
- Represent the customer for assigned product area, demonstrating responsibility for end-to-end customer journey and touchpoints
- Assist Product Management leaders in identifying business opportunities that will drive product success (including pricing and/or build/buy decisions)
45% Cross-Functional Coordination and Stakeholder Management
- Serve as Product Owner forscrumteams covering assigned product area
- Help to remove obstacles to effective and efficient product delivery from scrum teams
- Establish effective relationships with key stakeholders across athena in order to streamline process of gathering ideas/inputs that improve product decisions
- Partner with Product Management leaders to driveportfolioand product strategy
- Act as accountable party for the portfolio and product strategy of assigned product area, via product roadmaps
- Provide input to PRSM/portfolio planning process for assigned product area.
- Collaborate with others to develop expertise in market and competition for your services; Understanding what's next and when to stay the course
- Design alphas and beta to ensure proper feedback will be received
- Manage the priorities and expectations of multiple stakeholders (eg. athena microservices, partners, customers and sales) to gain inputs to portfolio
- Engage with other athena businesses, Sales, AM, Product Marketing, and otherinternal partner teams as needed to determine best ways to communicate product to internal and external customers; and to assist Product Management leadership with service descriptions
- Contribute to the development of overall product management team by lending your knowledge andexperience to teachothers what you know
- Learn from others based upon their experience in order to improve product owner capabilities
- Assist with activities related to growing Platform’s Product Management group and its competencies
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- Understanding of healthcare / health IT environment preferred
- 2 - 5 years or product management experience
- Agileexperience or certification a plus
- 3-7 years working with stakeholders in a business environment, working across cross-functional groups
- Technical understanding (SaaS, data, mobile) – ability to gut check technical feasibility and timelines and remove technical development barriers
- Experience bringing products to market
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments
- Demonstrated success at driving innovation in a dynamic environment using analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Passion for improving healthcare, with empathy for the user of our products and services
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills, with energy & enthusiasm for solving unknowns
- Ability to influence both horizontally and vertically inside and outside of athena
- Appreciation for the software development process and the varying personalities in the cross-functional groups we work with
- Experienced, confident presenter to all audiences
- Ability to prioritize and to multitask in a fast paced environment, manage several products simultaneously, meet deadlines, and communicate potential conflicts to manager
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Travelrequired, predicting < 5% which may include client site visits, conferences, and trainings.