The part you’ll play and preparation for your role.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Data team is seeking a Senior Manager, Data Product Management who will be an exceptional addition to our growing data product management team. In this role, you will lead and grow a team of talented and passionate product managers, responsible for delivering data products and solutions for one of Hulu’s verticals. The ideal candidate is a seasoned data product and career manager, capable of building talented, passionate, and engaged teams, and with a proven track record of managing several multi-year product roadmaps simultaneously. This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organizations and is recognized as a problem solver that looks to elevate the work of everyone around them. If you are passionate about data and creating product and capabilities to democratize data across the organization, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Defines the vision, tenets, principles, and high-level priorities for large, sophisticated marketing data product workstreams (e.g. acquisition data strategy). In many cases drives requirements across other product manager domains.
- Manage, build, strengthen, and grow the data product team. Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
- Establish strong relationships in engineering, product, and business teams across Hulu while combining the voice and needs of the users and requirements to create both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans
- Develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios, acceptance criteria, and success measures that are specific to data products – like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility/usability via tools, data grain, and frequency – generally, reduce the number of assumptions that engineers have to make
- Ensure products/solutions are purpose-built to address core business questions and operational needs, actively bring the product back to the business model and strategy
- Be able to clearly articulate vision, important metrics, opportunities and challenges, and show how their team's work prioritization aligns with those goals and that of the broader data team
- Partner with analysts, data science, data engineering, UX, and programmanagement teams to build requirements, develop, test, and deliver high-quality products and features that meet end-users' and internal business' needs
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end-user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Be responsible for the adoption of new features and capabilities across the organization!
WHAT TO BRING
- Minimum of 8+ years in product management and 5+years of managing and developing a team.
- Knowledge and experience with marketing technologies and systems is critical. (Salesforce, GA, multi-touch attribution, segmentation, campaign management, etc.)
- Developing leadership skills and ability to build and develop successful product teams
- Successful track record of building full-scale data solutions
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques and familiarity with common data science models and approaches to problem-solving. Generally: the ability to plan for what analysts and data scientists need to deliver.
- Experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and a standout colleague. C-Suite/Board communication skills.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics, or equivalent.
- Advance CS degree or MBA is a plus
- Shown experience in video streaming and OTT
- Experience with ThoughtSpot, Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with large scale enterprise applications using big data open-source solutions such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, and Elastic Search / Solr
- Experience or knowledge of basic programming, machine learning, and DB's technologies (SQL, Python, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase, Oracle, MySQL)
- Management or Strategy consulting background