About the team
The Evernote Design team is the creative collective responsible for producing a coherent and delightful user experience, from sign-up to the thousandth note. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and deliver product experiences that tame information overload and enhance people’s lives at work and at play by allowing them to focus on what truly matters most.
Why design for growth is special
Growth is an emergent field. We’d be lying if we said we had it all figured out, but one thing we do know is that it takes a special kind of person to be successful. Growth experimentation is an alchemical process that calls upon art, psychology, reason, the scientific method, luck, and sometimes a bit of magic. Relentless creativity and cheerful optimism will take you far. One of our designers wrote a great post about it. Give it a read!
What you'll do
As a Product Design manager, you will lead, inspire and contribute alongside an incredible group of designers, partnered with a tight-knit team of developers, product managers, marketers and data analysts to drive measurable customer impact. You will envision and execute a wide range of strategies and tactics for guiding people on their journey to engage with and ultimately realize the full potential of Evernote. You will work with the team to craft memorable, personalized onboarding experiences, optimize monetization flows, and reimagine the pivotal moments in a customer's product experience that lead to successful outcomes.
You will also
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first—constantly looking for ways to accomplish business objectives through experiences that are meaningful and delightful for real people.
- Ensure that ideas are carried from inception through development and beyond, often encompassing multiple rounds of iteration.
- Oversee the definition and quality execution of A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs, flowcharts, prototypes, UI mockups, technical specs, and production assets.
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative solutions and informed design decisions that drive positive, quantifiable customer outcomes.
- Drive a high level of visual fidelity and behavioral coherence across products.
- Provide and solicit actionable feedback to move designs forward.
- Balance a large volume of design initiatives at high velocity while keeping your head on straight.
- Learn. All the time, every day.
What you've done
- Experience leading the design of engaging user experiences for both web and native desktop and mobile apps.
- Strong visual/interaction design and copywriting skills and the ability to provide effective critique and design direction.
- Proficiency in applying and teaching user-centered design thinking methodologies and rapid iterative experimentation methods.
- Conversant in design prototyping techniques to generate both lo- and hi-fidelity stimulus, knowing when to utilize which approach.
- Have a proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences.
- Have 8+ years of relevant product experience, hiring, managing and coaching teams of talented product designers
- Hold a B.A., B.S. or M.A. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
Who you are
- You have a growth mindset. This role requires you to learn quickly and recognize on a deep level that everything is changeable, everything can be better.
- Capability to formulate and present an evidence-based point of view that supports design decisions. There’s a lot of debate on the growth team and you should embrace and be energized that.
- Eager to take initiative and ownership of projects and their outcomes, and instill the same in team members.
- Happen to be a ninja. We’re not just being cute here. To succeed in this role you must be quick, clever, resourceful, nimble, focused, and above all, 100% committed to the mission.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.