With our global presence, brands and business within our mission "bringing health through food to as many people as possible" we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance.
Take this opportunity to GROW together!
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: DanoneWave Public Benefit Corporation, a subsidiary of the global food company Danone, was formed in April 2017 by merging three legacy organizations: White Wave Foods, Dannon, and Danone Canada. We’re proud to rank among the Top 15 food & beverage manufacturers in the US, and we’re happy to say we are #1 in the refrigerated dairy space (excluding cheese). We have a strong track record of leading growth: we play in on-trend, higher-growth categories, and many of our recognizable brands – e.g., Light & Fit®, Oikos®, and Activia® yogurts; Silk® plant-based beverages, Horizon Organic® milk & dairy products, International Delight® coffee creamers – hold the #1 or #2 brand share positions in their respective segments.
As the largest public benefit corporation in the US, DanoneWave is taking bold steps for social good in North America. We are creating an “Alimentation Revolution,” which means we aim to nourish people, communities, and the world. We are changing the way many of our foods and beverages are made by evolving certain flagship brands toward the use of fewer ingredients that are more natural, not synthetic and non-GMO. We are also working with some of our farmer partners to plant non-GMO feed and are also committed to sustainable agriculture, water conservation, waste reduction, animal welfare and community engagement.
As part of the North American Procurement team, this position is responsible for managing the spend in Marketing Services categories including: Category Strategy & Insights, Market Research, Graphics Chain, Package Design Agency and Pre-Media Agency portfolio management, Call Center and Community Management.
Proactively Develop and Implement Sourcing Strategies
- In collaboration with key Marketing stakeholders, develop effective category strategies and procurement plans for marketing services according to business unit requirements and brand strategies
- Assess current and future business needs, and conduct market and benchmarking studies to identify new suppliers and agencies
- Provide recommendations to executive level management, develop and deliver presentations on the opportunities for strategic buying for management approval
Vendor Selection and Management
- Identify sources of supply for marketing services, challenge spend owners on vendor selection, and drive vendor consolidation where appropriate
- Develop and manage Request for Proposals (RFPs) or Request for Information (RFIs), including collection of business requirements, management of vendor communications, review, analysis, and summaries of vendor responses, internal stakeholder meetings, savings calculations, and alignment on vendor selection.
- Negotiate and draft Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Statements of Work (SOW) in coordination with Legal, that minimize financial risk and provide optimal terms and conditions related to services, price, delivery, and industry-leading terms and conditions
- Build strong connections with vendors and push collaborative quality, cost, and service innovations
- Manage vendors’ qualification and performance by establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each marketing subcategory and leading implementation
- Track financial performance of each spend subcategory and define budgetary impacts including actuals, budgeted, and unbudgeted saving
- Embed compliance and appropriate audit trails in supplier management and procurement processes for internal audit and performance management purposes
- Identify continuous process improvements and maintain an awareness of latest buying techniques, tools, best practices, trends, and market competitiveness information
Relationship and Key Stakeholders
- Proactively meet with marketing stakeholders to develop relationships and understand goals, objectives, and priorities
- Manage cross-functional teams, including marketing, finance and legal from multiple business units, to consolidate business requirements, provide updates, project management, and be a central point of contact
- Undergraduate Degree (Required). Business/Marketing/Finance related degree (Preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in marketing-related sourcing
- Strategic sourcing expertise in identifying sourcing opportunities, performing/reviewing spend analysis, developing sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, contract negotiation and management, supplier benchmarking and contract compliance.