Job ID: BEC009305
Location: Brea, CA
Senior Manager Pricing Strategy– North America
To develop knowledge, processes and best practices in pricing development and support application of these approaches across the Beckman Coulter portfolio in North America.
- Develop processes and methods for price setting and price getting (discount management) and associated tools for price optimization.
- In conjunction withSales Organization develop and manage processes for value-based pricing agreements, contracts, bids & RFP’s.
- Establish governance structures for price approval, and the process.
- Define the most effective approach for both list, Purchase Organizations, Government, Integrated Networks and net price management.
- Work with Business Unit Product Management and Marketing to maintain guidance over optimal launch pricing and List price maintenance.
- Ensure state of the art pricing research methods are applied and drive enhancement.
- Support Marketing and Business Unit Product Management organizations who are developing pricing strategies with best practices and expertise for assigned Region.
- Develop process, methods, and governance structure to evaluate, approve and monitor Marketing promotions.
- Direct the price and cost maintenance of automated quotation system (iQuotes) for GPO and IDN agreements
- Own the commercial requirements and price models in automated quotation system (iQuotes).
- Take responsibility for best practice sharing of pricing approaches across organization.
- Become a central focus for competitor & market intelligence on pricing.
- Participate in large scale deal negotiations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Quantitative Analysis, Economics or Business Administration with 10+ years exp.
- Master’s degree with 7+ years exp
- Bachelor in Science with 10+ years relevant experience in Pricing / Contracting.
- Minimum 5years financial analysis and/or sales analysis experience in Commercial Operations with at least two years of revenue analysis experience and supporting sales teams. Previous Salesexperience a plus.
- Proficient in data modeling in Excel, Access/SQL and other BI tools.
- Dead understanding of tender & bid process in key North America markets.
- Extensive knowledge of the Medical device / Diagnostic Market as well as bundled / surcharged / cross product line price models.
- Assertive, leader and innovative thinker capable of making trade off decisions that best represent the customer and business needs.
- Ability to work cross functionally across the matrix to drive teams to success; lead without reporting authority.
- Decisive; minimizes non-value added work and re-work.
- Works independently to develop/lead projects and programs critical to the long-term success of the organization
- Decisions impact long term North America Commercial Operations
- Decisions and results have significant impact on company resources & objectives