Senior Manager, Portfolio Solutions & Investment Oversight is responsible for contributing to the ongoing investment success of and improvements to investment funds and portfolios solutions manufactured for and distributed by various channels of Scotia Asset Management.
Within the incumbent’s assigned asset class coverage, this includes performing asset class research, portfolio manager due diligence, fund performance monitoring, fund analytics research, competitive analysis, portfolio optimization, and ongoing cashflow management support related to Scotia portfolios within Scotia Asset Management.
Within the incumbent’s assigned asset class coverage, Senior Manager, Portfolio Solutions & Investment Oversight will also be responsible for the monitoring of investment products to ensure ongoing compliance of investments against their respective stated objectives and investment guidelines, in order to deliver superb product integrity.
Senior Manager, Portfolio Solutions & Investment Oversight will also support dependent departments and senior management within the organization, ensuring quality and consistency of investment information being repurposed.
- Conducting qualitative andquantitative research oninvestment strategies for an assigned asset class. This is achieved by:
- Leading asset class research that supports the portfolioconstruction process and risk analyses of all portfolio solutions;
- Supporting the manager due diligence process, including completing qualitative and quantitative analysis of investment teams through ongoing research and review with the Portfolio Managers
- Leading the design and maintenance of documentation of these due diligence activities;
- Driving the continuous monitoring and ongoing quantitative analysis of returns- and holdings-based metrics on various investment strategies for the asset class;
- Monitoring investment products and asset management companies for any changes in Portfolio Manager/key investment professionals for impact to portfolio holdings; and
- Attending Analyst meetings at fund companies, to gain understanding of new strategies and offerings, organizational changes, and other factors influencing the asset class.
- Driving the ongoing monitoring ofinvestment products, within an assigned asset class, offered through ScotiaAsset Management and theirportfolio advisors, including:
- Drafting and maintaining investment mandates and performing ongoing monitoring to ensure compliance against the stated objectives and investment guidelines;
- Conducting portfolio advisor due diligence regarding hiring/on-boarding and terminations/off-boarding;
- Completion of proxy voting and other regulatory disclosures such as prospectuses, MRFPs, fund facts, and fund profiles.
- Acting as a key member of thePortfolioConstruction Committee, achieved through:
- Managing the regular monitoring of performance of the suite of portfolios under assigned coverage;
- Driving the ongoing monitoring of performance contribution analysis of portfolios under assigned coverage;
- Acting as a key contributor to asset class research in support of the portfolioconstruction and optimization process; and
- Performing competitive analysis of fund wrap solutions, to support both the portfolioconstruction and sales efforts.
- Developing and maintaining value-added, insightful relationships withinternal and external partners, in support of assigned asset class. This will be achieved through:
- Supporting the Senior Management, Sales, Communications, Product Development and Marketing teams with insightful, value-add information on various investment strategies, products and portfolios within the assigned asset class;
- Acting as a key contributor on the Investment Committee, providing insight on the suite of portfolios
- Supporting the Scotia Asset Management Sales efforts, through the provision of performance reporting and educational materials to assist with client conversations;
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with third party fund companies; and
- Contributing to communications and marketing efforts on an as-needed basis.
Strong knowledge and experience working with research and portfolioconstruction software, including Zephyr StyleAdvisor, BarraOne, Morningstar Direct, and Morningstar Encore
- Minimum 8years of relevant experience in the mutual fund/investment industry
- University degree, preferably in Economics, Mathematics, Commerce, or other related field
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Requisition ID: 19061