Reporting to the Vice President, Innovation & Development, you will provide leadership to an Associate Marketing Manager and a contracted resource. You'll lead the development of new products, line extensions, and packaging graphics modification projects. This will include working with internal cross-functional teams, other segment leaders, Sales and directly with customers to ensure smooth product/graphics development and launches.
In addition to supporting Bonduelle's Ready Pac products, you will manage our portfolio of private label products, which make up half of our overall business. One area in which you can move the needle is streamlining the portfolio, including which products to update and which to discontinue.
You will be responsible for introducing new ideas for innovation, including the areas of product development, packaging, marketing communication and/or in-store materials. Innovation sources could include R&D, Procurement, partner companies, magazines, trade shows, store checks, networking, etc. These ideas could come from competitors, related categories and unrelated categories both within and outside the U.S.
More specifically, you will:
- Review and/or author new product process initiation for new projects, and champion them through the approval process. Complete all necessary documentation for cross-functional teams to deliver on their roles.
- Develop and track projects against published timetables, which have been approved by the customer and all internal teams.
- Coordinate the development of costs and financials.
- Update project status in preparation for bi-weekly segment meetings and customer meetings, as requested.
- Collaborate with Customer Development on customer marketing support plans.
- Maintain and publish reports as requested. These reports may include comparison of costs vs. plan for launched products, budgeted spending vs. actual spending, shipment tracking, Nielsen reviews, etc.
- Work with Procurement to manage inventories of film, labels, cartons, containers, etc. for assigned customers.
- Travel to customer meetings, as needed and as requested.
- Support our Corporate Social Responsibility BFA objectives and help drive progress against our 2025 CSR goals and B Corp certification requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To be a good fit for the Senior Manager, Portfolio Marketing opportunity, you will have:
- 5 to 8 years of experience in consumer products marketing.
- A bachelor's degree. An MBA is a strong plus.
- Experience in the food industry is strongly preferred; CPG food is an advantage, and fresh food would be ideal.
- Demonstrated success in marketing, including product/portfolio management.
- Private label experience is highly desired.
- A proven ability to lead customer and senior management presentations.
- Business and financial savvy, including the ability to understand product P&Ls and know what questions to ask.
- Some understanding of consumer-level product performance information, such as Nielsen data.
- Experience leading and mentoring direct reports.
- Demonstrated success in managing key projects against established deadlines through self-efforts.
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- Strong leadership skills, including a demonstrated ability to:
- Influence people across the organization.
- Manage cross-functional teams.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.