Working under the direction of the Director PMO and in full collaboratioWhat n with all colleagues and business partners,
The Senior Manager PMO is responsible for designing, implementing and sustain a governance model, monitoring and controlling program cadence, designing integrated reporting across initiatives, govern traceability between milestones, and drive consistency across the program and other related analysis and documentation activities.
The incumbent will partner closely with team members of Retail and Commercial Banking, Credit Risk, Technology, Compliance, and other teams within IB to ensure project’s initiatives deliver on the Bank's stated strategic goals and the In-country specific goals.
Experience in rapid development environment/ Agile methodology preferred.
- Design and implement a Program Management Office (PMO) by developing processes and governance strategies with clearly defined roles and responsibilities, including change control process, key reviews and signoffs, organizational structures and RACI matrices
- Identify and implement project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a framework that supports all projects within the Program
- Design and implement a delivery approach across the Program by maintaining active involvement in the planning and execution of all activities of the program
- Identify issues, risks, actions, decisions and escalate as required
- Identify project controls, KPIs and success factors aligned with strategic and tactical goals
- Develop senior management reports and formats for executives consumption
- Oversee project financialwithin the Program
- Develop and maintain all project documentation (Project Charters, Project Plans, Issue and Action Logs, Risk Management, Project Status Report, Lessons Learned, Post Implementation Reviews, etc.)
- Create strategic solutions for the Program including streamlining processes and planning initiatives
- Develop a resourcing plan and leverage resources when needed
- Support the development of opportunity assessments and business cases
- Track, monitor and communicate the progress of initiatives within the program to senior management
- Support post-implementation activities and provide status to all senior stakeholders to ensure ongoing project success to senior management
- Provide ongoing Project Management expertise and coaching to team members
- Ensure effective project control and governance of the integration with the origination system, as well as othertechnology tools, such as OMDM, imaging systems, Sales Platform, isApp etc; and identify synergies to allow us to work more effectively and deliver solutions faster
- The incumbent must be self-starting, detail-oriented, results-oriented, and highly motivated. Excellent communication and analytical skills are required to independently resolve complex, multi-dimensional business problems. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong knowledge of Project Management best practices
- Strong knowledge of current Scotiabank International systems and back office processes
- Strong influencing skills with excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation.
Education/ Experience/ Other Information
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
- PMP designation an asset or formal Project Management Training
- 8+ years’ experience with a financial institution is preferred
- Expert knowledge of back office fulfilment processes, banking operations, as well as branch systems, tools and reporting
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Strong written and oral skills in English and Spanish
- Proficient PC skills, including word processing, powerpoint, excel, visio
- Strong co-ordination, strategic influencing and people management skills, to facilitate strong teamwork and co-ordinated execution of multiple
- Deep knowledge on project management tools and methods, and understanding of infrastructure and software development and delivery methodologies (waterfall and agile) is preferred.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
- Moderate travel domestically and internationally.
Requisition ID: 23076