your team, you inform and execute the adidas digital planning and trading strategy and provide the factual basis for assortment, buying plans, and pulling of other key business levers.
Trading Strategy & Delivery
- Work directly with business partners to optimize our own site, partner offerings, & app, drive marketing campaigns from assortment to target audience, and generate insights to maximize sales opportunities of managed portfolio of products
- Identify and react to changing business and industry landscapes and create/execute strategies to maintain sales momentum
- Utilize and improve trading products to empower data/logic driven trading decisions
- Create new trading capabilities for our business
- Measure effectiveness of trading decisions and levers
- Feed the upstream assortment creation team with in-season insights informing future seasons
- Develop and maintain a strong stakeholder network with high level of trust that facilitates action- ability of insights.
Financial and Merchant Planning
- Provide thorough merchant and financial analysis on a weekly basis: keying on the performance of brands by channel, store type and business unit with a specific focus on sales, margin, inventory productivity and contribution.
- Support and champion the adidas Group Canada Open-To-Buy process, working closely with finance and the business efficiency manager to execute on all inventory control projects
- Provide leadership and support to the Integrated Business Planning process to ensure the needs and goals of both adidas Group Canada are met as well as protecting the interest of the eCommerce channel
- Drives results by translating knowledge of size selling, geographic and store-attribute performance and trends into allocation action plans
- Signs off on the development of allocation plans and budgets by department and store.
- Guide and support planning team and other cross-functional partners through the seasonal buying cycles, utilizing historical data and current trends to capitalize on new opportunities and identify risks.
- Create and maintain reports for the team as needed.
- Represent the business for the product area, fostering strong relationships with key global & local stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlogs.
- Manage relationships with key business decision owners to ensure insights can be actioned on in a timely manner
- Finance and Product Teams
- Global Trading Product Teams
- GC Trading Market teams
- Data Science
- Global and Local Market teams
- Global Digital and Brand organizations
- Global and Local Sales organizations
- Group functions
- External vendors
Education & Professional Experience
- Degree with focus in Business, Finance, Economics or related field prefered, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of working in a trading, planning, merchandizing demand forecasting, or equivalent experience
- Experience in creating strong business cases to support investment and resource requests
- Understanding of merchandising, buying, product planning and/or sales and the product creation process a plus
- Experience in eCommerce environment
- A passion for delivering analytics to drive outcomes for quantifiable improvements in business results and consumer satisfaction.
- Good communication skills, comfortable presenting complex technical topics to non-technical audience both in person and remotely at various organizational levels
- Good team player and able to multi-task
- Advanced Excel skills and high proficiency in spreadsheet analyses
- Experience in forecasting and predictive models would be a plus
- Prior working experience in Alteryx, Tableau, and Adobe Analytics a big plus
- Very good project management skills, including the ability to lead projects or work on several projects simultaneously
- Fluent English both verbally and written