Job ID R-304927
Job Description Summary
Position Summary (Purpose & Fundamental Goals of the Position)
The Senior Manager, Payroll & Data Operations is responsible for the successful management of the data and payroll teams in a highly functioning service delivery model. This organization of approximately 40 team members, manages end to end payroll processes for US, Canada and Puerto Rico and HRIS system operations for the broader America’s region.
This role works to build collaborative solutions between Information Technologies, HRIS, and the Payroll and Data Management teams. Works cross functionally with other service delivery teams to optimize customer solutions and ensure complete, accurate and compliant solutions.
- Manage highly performing teams to ensure successful management of employee records and effective integration to downstream HR, Payroll and IT solutions.
- Oversees the successful management of the biweekly payroll processing for US, Puerto Rico and Canada
- Establish standard work routines by applying continuous improvement efforts to existing processes
- Partner with key partners and stakeholders internal and external to the organization to build highly effective end to end processes
- Oversee all payroll compliance and SOX controls are effective and managed in accordance to defined policy and audit plans
- Work in collaboration with cross functional operation, techinical and corporate teams to successfully manage large scale projects such as continuous improvement initiatives, technology updates/upgrades, acquisitions/divestitures, etc.
- Ensure team is trained and manages all programs, processes, procedures in compliance with state and federal payroll/tax regulations.
- Work to maximize efficiency of HRIS, time keeping and payroll systems
- Drive successful tax reconciliation and year end payroll processes
- Partner with Finance to ensure all data is efficiently managed into finance system
- Follow all record retention and confidentially requirements within defined policy and best practices
- Maintain positive networking and relationships with senior program leaders and key stakeholders to ensure and influence program design and efficacy.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplace by observing Company’s rules and procedures. Active involvement in prevention, elimination of potential safety hazards and participation in activities which promotes recycling, replacement and reduction of resource materials.
Educational Qualifications & Previous Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a professional HR/Business Administration qualification
- At least 7 years of supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership in managing HRIS and Payroll solutions
- CPP, PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- Prior experience managing outsourced payroll on SAP platform
- Prior experience in HRIS management on Workday platform
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong relationship building skills, problem-solving abilities, oral and written communication skills, and listening skills
- Strong knowledge in end-to-end HR processes and operations, employment laws and HR practices across serviced countries
- A team player with strong collaboration skills
- Client relationship skills including influence and persuasion
- Operational Skills – planning and organizing, project management, a good balance between multi-processing and attention to details/“hands-on” orientation
- Managing Conflict
- Strategic and complete thinking to develop solutions and understand current and anticipated implication
- Strong knowledge in HRIS and integration especially in Workday is strongly desirable
- Ability to align and motivate resources to meet/exceed customer expectations
Applicable Operational Languages
- Expert proficiency in English, with at least one otherlanguage preferred