Reporting to the Director,Transportation and Drop Ship Americas, the Senior Manager isresponsible for the cost, performance, and Customerexperience in QVC’s delivery and returnsnetworks. This key role is located at QVC's corporate HQ in West Chester, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia.
Job Description Details
The QVC group is among the top 5, direct to consumer parcel shippers in North America. As Sr. Transportation Carrier Manager for outbound parcel shipping, you will be responsible for ensuring performance of our carriers and that the network meets all of our customer commits. This person will own daily operational aspects of a network that has a parcel spend that exceeds $300MM, and ships in excess of 100MM packages.
This role independently interfaces on multiple levels across QVC and carriers, leading the analysis of opportunities and delivering recommendations and decisions in cost and services. This person develops, oversees, and analyzes key metrics on the delivery performance of the delivery networks, collaborating with multiple departments to create insights, models, and actions that emerge from data and reporting.
The Senior Carrier Manager is responsible for partnering with our technology team to develop and promote programs, initiatives, and enhancements to QVC’s systems to maintain a modern, stable, efficient solution. This individual oversees the direction and strategy for the configuration and optimization of all solutions in QVC’s transportation systems, with a focus on support of QVC’s overall cost, service, and capacity strategies. This individual is a key contributor to network decisions around the allocation of Distribution and Returns from the perspective of the impacts of cost and service.
- Engage with carriers on service performance, establishing Service standards and meet speed of delivery and quality of service requirements
- Development, analysis, distribution, and actions around metrics and reporting that govern the delivery and returns businesses
- Lead the design and development of new delivery services and features across QVC, including leadership in tracking, proactive outreach programs, messaging and alerting
- Engage with partners in Financial Planning and Analysis, IT, Finance, and Customer Service to lead strategies for analysis and Cost. Prioritize and coordinate their efforts in order to deliver results.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Business, Logistics, Mathematics or similar discipline
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in supply chain, logistics or distribution operations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a primary role managing carrier agreements and performance, with a strong preference for parcel carrier management
- Expertise in Business-to-Customer Parcel Delivery, to include management of specific, Customer-focused strategies for cost and service
- Experience in managing transportation providers, logistics network design, negotiation of rates and services
- Expertise in leveraging data to render insights and solutions through the use of reporting tools including Access and SQL
- Ability to apply complex and critical thinking to financial and performance models
- Strong communication skills: able to effectively communicate across organizational boundaries and to the leadership team