Hand over a proved feasibility to Supply Chain Packaging
- Accountable and responsible for a technically ready executable package up to delivery. Collaborate with the assigned factory team(s) during all phases of new projects.
- Qualify production tools and Validate Packaging Lines
- Ensure final product quality & design integrity compared to marketing’s approved packaging definition.
Contribute Packaging Test Methods maintenance (in coordination with QA)
- Update and standardize Test methods
- Communicate to Suppliers on relevant test methods
- Drive ideation actions and related programs to convert into innovative products
- Contribute to the Technology Roadmap for blue-sky innovation.
- Support Innovation Council and Technology Platforms programs
- Keep up-to-date with latest packaging technology, market trends, and materials (trade shows, trade literature, professional memberships, suppliers’ visits, attendance of pertinent seminars & conferences).
- Collaborate with strategic suppliers on exploration and development of prospective innovative products or technology for Coty’s exclusive use.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
PEOPLE SKILLS / SOFT SKILLS:
- Team management
- Ability to function with ease in both marketing and technical environments.
- Creating positive relationships and receptive atmosphere with the Business partners through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual, able to work in relative autonomy.
- Demonstrated performance agility in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and stay focus on targets
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION:
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, and uses innovative approaches (“out of box”).
- Possess technical curiosity
- Share new ideas with Technical global community
- Support prospective development work
EXPERENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated broad and in-depth knowledge of packaging materials and processes.
- Good ability to perform Design validation, Risk analysis, and Costing
- Demonstrated ability to well translate packaging concepts to final technical components drawings, specifications, and the related industrial processes (including analyzing all technical and functional aspects of the package).
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Packaging Development professional in the Beauty industry
- Experience in leading developments from design phase to in-market delivery (including tooling and production line qualification)
- Track record of successful in market launches, technical and organizational innovations
- Experience and strength in collaboration with both internal (including Marketing, Procurement and Manufacturing) and external stakeholders (including suppliers, design agencies and fashion houses)
- Able to travel when required by strategic programs (global suppliers, Coty plants)
- Professional fluency in English
- Academic qualifications: Masters in sciences
- CAD literacy will be a plus