This senior manager role serves as a partner and business advisor to the Enterprise Platform senior management team. This role will need to have strong business and IT experience and will be responsible for multiple teams and critical management activities across the ERP team. The Sr. Manager is responsible for leading the high dollar and complex vendor/partner relationships and for building a framework to enable the leadership team the ability to manage operations, compliance and best practices. This position will play a key role in facilitating negotiations and navigating communications with project managers, resource managers, directors, finance, HR and governance teams. This role will be responsible for driving operational reporting and communicating trends to support business and financial decisions. This role will be instrumental in developing long-term operational strategies and initiatives to enable efficiencies, compliance and cost-effective use of technology, resources, budget, managed services and products to meet Cox Automotive’ s continued growth.
- Drive completion of multiple simultaneous projects and proactively considering new alternatives and driving critical thinking to optimize results
- Maintains strong, current technology and operations knowledge and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of groups
- Using technology ITLS operations best practice to maintain or improve the operational support processes.
- Manage the architectural recommendations from our venders.
- Manage the process on which critical incidents occur with the infrastructure.
- Partner with IT business partners and other Sr. Managers and Directors in the business partner organization to align on strategies and deliverables
- Responsible for driving the development of operational reporting to support the needs of the team
- Set direction for the functional discipline across the organization by establishing and reporting on processes and procedures
- Manage career progression for team members to include hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring and coaching
- Operationally leads strategic initiatives, analysis and reporting, budget management
Required Experience (minimum):
- 10+ years of IT professional experience
- 7+ years of experience supporting or enforcing ITLS processes
- 5+ Years supporting Oracle Financials platform
- 10+ Years’ experience with database administration on the APPs side (Apps DBA) or Core side (Core DBA)
- 5+ years of experience as a manager with direct reports
- Excellent communication and planning skills with the ability to multitask and maintain by adapting and leading change
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience managing labor and financials for technology departments
- Excellent people skills and follow-through
- General project management knowledge including resourcing and a keen focus on supporting delivery
- Excellent analytical skills to identify areas of concern in data and understand drivers
What We Look For (preferred):
- PMP certification preferred
- Six Sigma Training preferred
- BS or BA in a related field preferred