Our Performance Transformation division has expertise in assessing, improving, and sustaining operational performance that helps drive hospitals, health systems, and physician groups toward higher performance. Our dynamic team of clinical and nonclinical operations, revenue cycle, access, and IT experts collaborate in designing, building, and implementing successful solutions.
As a senior manager/associate principal, you will lead teams who specialize in optimizing clinical performance and designing comprehensive activities to drive improvement for our clients. Specifically, we are looking for nursing leaders with experience leading acute care labor and productivity assessments (including procedural departments) and with clinical quality work and case/care management. Senior managers/associate principals are leaders within the firm and viewed by clients as the go-to people and problem solvers. The ideal candidate will have strong management and consulting experience in acute patient care, performance improvement, or health system operations and be able to manage significant improvement engagements. Successful senior managers/associate principals may progress to the principal level, where they can become shareholders of our solid and growing privately held firm.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Leading engagements and assuming ultimate responsibility for high-quality client deliverables.
- Working with clients to articulate issues requiring attention and developing processes and work plans for addressing those issues.
- Contributing to firm growth by identifying and pursuing follow-on and new business opportunities that target revenue from $500,000 to more than $1.5 million per year.
- Coaching and mentoring staff, writing and delivering performance reviews, and assisting with the recruitment of new consultants.
- Leading meetings and presentations for senior client leadership.
- Managing the preparation of complex proposals.
- Overseeing the design and implementation of recommended solutions.
- Establishing firmwide thought leadership and methodologies within your specialty.
- Being a leader within the firm and contributing to the firm's culture and success.
- Over eight years of experience in operations performance improvement with a consulting firm (hospital/healthcare focus required) and/or with a hospital/healthcare provider
- Clinical leadership experience, preferably with exposure to multiple clinical areas and specialties
- BS/BA or MS in nursing; MBA in business administration and/or a health-related field in addition preferred
- Record of achievement in selling and managing engagements that total between $500,000 and $1.5 million in annual revenue
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the healthcare industry
- Experience solving complex problems, directing and managing individuals, and completing challenging projects
- Track record of managing multiple engagements, including work plans, deliverables, budgets and schedules, and accounts receivable
- Viewed as a thought leader through marketing activities such as networking with potential clients, participating in professional societies, and publishing and presenting thought leadership (white papers, speeches, and articles)
- Demonstrated focus on staff development, coaching, and retention, with a refined ability to provide constructive and timely feedback
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate complex revenue cycle issues to relevant stakeholders who have a limited understanding of revenue cycle processes
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to travel approximately 80% of the time