Job Description Summary
Manages multifunctional Operations teams, with a focus on production and the creation/delivery of services to and external clients. Ensures department goals are in alignment with company strategies.
- Direct daily operations and associated activities.
- Manage staff administration and maintain staffing levels to meet production goals and budget.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to staff and provide development opportunities.
- Serve as an escalation point for teams to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Design, implement and manage operational workflows to meet and external service level agreements.
- Prepare and deliver on-going management reports to a variety of audiences.
- May compile revenue variance explanations, roots causes and correction action plans in preparation for monthly review meetings.
- Participate as a member of the Operations management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent experience.
- Eight years of experience in an operations environment, preferably in the insurance/financial services industry.
- Five years of management experience.
- Problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities under pressure.
- Ability to grasp technical and complex concepts, and convey to staff and /external customers.
- Proficient using MS Office products.