Purpose of Job
The Global Finance Technology Operations team is dedicated to supporting the operational and funcitional support needs of Global Finance applictions. Activities during monthly, quarterly and yearly maintenance cycles are extremely fast paced and dynamic as the team meets maintenace and processing deadlnes to support our clients’ needs for financial information processing.
The Senior Manager Operations will be responsible for the operational administration, maintenance and support of the Bank’s legacy Finance systems, its Peoplesoft and Smartstream financial systems, Oracle Business Intelligence and Data Relationship Management systems and its legacy MSA ledger and asset management systems. They will manage a team of 8 staff to provide consistent and quality service to the user and management community.
Key Job Accountabilities
The incumbent’s key Accountabilities include the following:
- Manage the maintenance for the Finance department’s legacy BID and TNIF transit systems and the legacy CofA account system.
- Manage the maintenance for the Bank’s MSA branch ledger system and back office corporate ledger system including the yearend rollover process.
- Manage multiple instances of PeopleSoft ledger applications both locally and internationally as well as the PeopleSoft payables application with the future addition of the related asset management and project expense tracking applications. They will have a functional knowledge of the applications and an understanding of the different chart of account setups and processing requirements across the different ledgers. Strong PeopleSoft skills and OBI / nVision reporting knowledge is required.
- Manage the maintenance and support of the Smartstream ERP application. They will have a good functional knowledge of the Smartstream ERP application and the interrelationships and interdependencies between the modules. They will have a sound knowledge of the Bank’s purchasing, payables, ledger, asset management and project expense accounting and business practices as they apply to the application. This would include understanding the back office processes and procedures that permit non-revenue generating accounting activity to be completed seamlessly and smoothly in support of the different business lines.
- Provide supporting evidence of procedures and controls for all systems supported by the group on a periodic basis to the internal, external and SOX auditors and resolve any management concerns should they be identified.
- Develop, prepare and report metrics related to operational processing actiivties and SLA's.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- Undergraduate degree in business, management, operations or computer sciences with a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in leading a support or administration team preferably in the financial industry.
- Experience leading a team preferably in the administration and operations area
- In depth knowledge of INFOR Smartsteam ERP General Ledger (AP, Purchasing, Project Tracking, Fixed Assets).
- Solid knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials and Development tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint
- Experience in business analysis fundamentals
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of HR performance management techniques
- Working ability to manage several priorities simultaneously which will include the delegation of assignments and follow-up
- Working knowledge of Bank accounting, controls, organization and structure
- Operating knowledge of general audit principles
- Working knowledge of Business Continuity Plan and Compliance Reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s technology environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good personal communication skills. Excellent communication / presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment with tight timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
Education and Other Requirements
Undergraduate degree in Business, Management, Operations or Computer Sciences.
Requisition ID: 18785