This is an opportunity for a senior leader to take responsibility for a new customer in a new facility within our four building, 2.1 million sq ft campus. This building is in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and is focused on our 3rd party logistics operations. This position affords our ideal candidate the ability to:
- Build out a new facility
- Implement a new warehouse management system
- Be the operations lead for a client that will handle 12,00,000 units of freight in its first year
- Hire and develop a new team
Our candidate should be prepared for frequent travel in the first 3-5 months in role, as they learn about the client and their operations from other sites in the US. Post go-live, travel will average 10% or less
- Plans, directs, organizes and controls the activities of a Logistics Center operation which supports significant volumes of both B2C and B2B orders.
- Effective client management and consistent communication and follow through on their requests
- Read, interpret, and understand client’s contractual requirements and implement processes to support.
- Supervision of the physical operations of the site, inclusive of inbound, outbound, and inventory control operations.
- Ensures efficient and profitable operations; uses independent judgment within the framework of established policies in decision making
- Makes recommendations and assist in the formulation of company objectives, policies and plans.
- Plans, examines, analyzes and evaluates site operations with respect to quality standards, safety standards, and customer support. Understands ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 standards, as well as principles of Lean.
- Responsible for budget control and justification for capital expenditures.
- Communicates effectively with partner, customers, and site associates.
- Handles details of personnel administration in conjunction with the HR department, including: disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, transfers, terminations etc_ Implements and interprets company policy; maintains company policy manuals.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiencepreferred.
- Experience: Minimum five years of leadership experience in a distribution / 3rd party logistics environment. Senior Manager / GM / Director level roles are most aligned to this position
- Ability to travel as required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Job ID: 21368