The Sr. Manager of Operational Excellence will define, drive, and implement operational excellence strategic planning and initiatives. Your major focus will be delivering sustainable programs in partnership with key stakeholders that simplify processes, improve quality, remove waste and reduce cost. Along with owning and driving the OE roadmap, you will manage a team of OE practitioners to implement best in class operational excellence measures and practices. You will leverage standard frameworks like Lean/Six Sigma as foundations for developing processes and strategies that work for our business.
This is a remote position that requires heavy travel, with opportunity to be based anywhere in the contiguous United States.
In addition, this role will provide coaching support for functional leaders on subjects related to Operational Excellence and Lean leadership across the organization. You will be responsible to build strong relationships with your stakeholders, becoming intimate with their mission, processes, and requirements. You will gain a firm understanding of the operational needs of the leadership team and their oversight of processes, methodologies, and corrective actions. You will help the leadership team identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement using Operational Excellence principles and methodologies. Using robust change management skills, you will communicate across the organization to ensure key stakeholders are aware and supportive of changes and their benefits, at all levels of the organization and locations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field/business or equivalent work experience, advanced degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt certification or equivalent work experience preferred
- 10+ years' experience in continuous improvement program management, ecommerce or food & grocery experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations / Operational Excellence roles applying "lean" principles
- Experience in operations using automation and software preferred but other experience will be considered
- Program leadership, program management or development experience
- Direct management of associates and stakeholders to achieve local and global objectives
- Experience with project selection and prioritization so that resources are focused on realizing the most impactful opportunities
- A proven record of accomplishments in continuous improvement events/projects, team leadership and problem-solving, demonstrated success initiating change and influencing at all levels.
- Strong coaching experience, extensive application of Operational Excellence methods and tools.
- Experience in applying systematic and rigorous analytical methods to improve processes, including the following methodologies/tools: Six Sigma (DMAIC), Value Stream Mapping, Control Plans, Mistake Proofing, Root Cause and Corrective Action, Kaizen, 5S
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders at all levels to support identification, review, prioritization, and execution of key improvements opportunities/projects to drive results
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Team leadership skills, including managing existing teams and growing new teams.
- In-depth knowledge of business processes
- Broad financial knowledge for budgeting, profit plan obtainment etc
- Rigorous metrics and analytics skills to evaluate programs, performance, and drive reduction in variability/defects in critical business processes
- Experience with business case development, business analysis, design, and implementation support on critical projects including software lifecycle development and automation
- Excellent team dynamics skills focused on strong team leadership and participation
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization, emphasis on oral presentation skills, exceptional classroom training techniques, facilitation, coaching and feedback.
- Ability to challenge current state and motivated to improve the business; strong ability to influence without authority at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think and drive strategic initiatives across a large span of operations
- Courage to make difficult decisions and/or recommendations
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to think outside of given frameworks and develop new ways to approach problems
- Courage/experience to provide coaching/feedback to all levels of the organization including superiors
- Excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence
- Flexibility and ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly
- Drive for results, sense of urgency
- Support continuous improvement efforts to meet and exceed customer requirements in a fast paced environment.
- Up to ~50% travel
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to goPuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.