This position is for a Senior Manager, Omni Engineering, Styling Systems who will help us plan, design and execute niche styling related initiatives to support customers as well as store associates across online and store experiences. Manages multiple complex work streams across product roadmaps required to execute large scale initiatives and programs using agile development practices that deliver highly reliable systems on-schedule, on-budget, to the committed scope. Provides clear direction, collaborates within and across the org including IT/Non IT teams, owns the responsible domain areas, leads the team(s) in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices. Builds a healthy collaborative culture within teams.Identifies opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement across all facets of work output from the teams.
- Ability to lead, develop multiple software engineering teams to deliver complex and high quality products within scope, on time and to budget
- Ability to build and grow team, have a successful track record of managing teams and grow a healthy and collaborative engineering culture
- Ability to effectively collaborate with leadership and teams within technology, product management, business units, brands and across external alliance partners
- Have proven experience working in an agile development environment with complex and ambitious business requirements.
- Ability to drive strategy through influence with leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect.
- Ability to innovate and lead explorations into new technologies and strategies.
- Should have very strong understanding in delivery of Omni-Channel experiences for high touch luxury customers.
- Should have experience in leading software development involving machine learning based products
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Ability to develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team on platform-wide considerations, driving improvement and efficiencies, and providing leadership.
- Skilled ability to foster continuous improvement and innovation; ability to accept and lead change initiatives throughout the organization.
- Must have a strong understanding and be able to be hands on to build POCs on some of these technologies. - Backend( nodeJS, AWS Serverless tech stack, Spring boot / other cloud native frameworks), Frontend(React Ecosystem), Python with common machine learning tools, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB), Relational DBs(PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora)
Essential Abilities, Skills And Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent. Masters degree is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available web/mobile applications including 1-3 years managing teams and delivering high quality results. Prior experience in retail domain is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience working with distributed teams.
- 5+ years’ experience working with retail applications in Agile blended teams with business operations, product management and should have User council participation experience.
- Manage multiple team(s) of software engineers, machine learning engineers, ensuring high quality of work coupled with high speed of delivery.
- Deep knowledge of API (REST, GraphQL), API Management and building scalable and high performance Web APIs.
- Experience with at least 3+ years hands on experience with AWS or similar (Serverless technologies, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis Streams, SNS, SQS, Cognito, AWS Cloud Formation, S3, VPC, etc.).
- At least 3 years of experience in Python and familiarity with the most common machine learning tools (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, jupyter).
- Knowledge about building, deploying and evaluating machine learning models.
- Familiarity with deep learning approaches and experience working with the frameworks: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, ...
- Strong understanding and experience of Cloud Native Architectures, IAAS, PAAS (e.g. ECS, EKS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems fundamentals
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL data stores, storage and distributed persistence technologies
- Create a culture of continuous improvement, change and world class delivery.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.