About the team:
The Threat Intelligence team at Workday sources, evaluates, and analyzes both internal as well as external threat intelligence data, providing critical guidance to a variety of security and business teams and functions in through automated and manual processes. This team is a core function of the overall security operations organization at Workday that helps keep the company and its customer data safe every day.
We have a new, exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to lead our threat intelligence team.
A bit about you:
You love leading an operational technology team and delivering winning results. You have hands-on technical expertise in building systems and platforms for threat intelligence and analysis.
You are first a leader, then a manager, and then an engineer. You are motivated by solving challenging problems with simple, elegant solutions and feel great satisfaction from helping others. Your dedication and high standards translate to impressive results and attract like-minded people.
You are passionate about quality, customer satisfaction, and want to instill that culture in the organization.
Culture matters to you. You get excited about a cohesive, energetic, and fun work environment. An environment that fosters creativity, transparency, vision, growth and individuality. You have the drive and spark to thrive in a startup-like environment.
You are a master of multitasking, triaging and prioritizing. You take your responsibility to grow members of your team seriously and have a strong foundation of coaching and mentorship abilities that you use regularly to help your team members achieve their career goals while delivering their best work in a close knit team environment.
What you will do:
- Coach, mentor and provide real-time, meaningful, sensitive and constructive feedback to direct reports.
- Grow the team and align project assignments with career development goals and company vision.
- Set team-level and engineering best practices around development and documentation.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams and individuals that results in stronger relationships and a greater benefit to everyone involved.
- Manage complex technical projects and provide business and technical guidance as needed.
- Successfully deliver enterprise-ready projects ranging from seed initiatives to large scale projects that impact multiple areas of the company.
- Inspire and promote creativity and innovation while managing missteps and mistakes as opportunities to grow and learn.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to the threat intelligence team, including identification of emerging threats and possible mechanisms to detect them.
- Manage the threat intelligence lifecycle that includes timely communication of key threats to stakeholders, executives, partners, and customers.
- Demonstrable leadership, management, coaching skills and 3+ years of experience as a cybersecurity threat intelligence team and program manager.
- Several years of progressive security industry experience building and delivering complex, enterprise-grade security projects.
- Having managed and build from scratch or expanded on an existing threat intelligence program from both a process as well as technology perspective in a current or previous role.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles.
- Demonstrable strong knowledge of threat intelligence methods, standards, processes, and industry standard intelligence lifecycle approach.
- Having direct experience in incident response, red teams, and/or security operations.
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills.
- Currently or previously an expert in a modern programming language, data science, and/or machine learning techniques. You also have a working knowledge of a Unix environment.
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree in Computer Science or engineering, with a MS or PhD preferred.